what to do if no 12volt trigger

The Dude

I have noticed that some recievers with pre amp outs don't have 12 volt triggers, Does this mean I have to get up and turn the power amp on everytime. Is there a different accessary that will do it for me. I have a Harman/Kardon avr 247 and Emotiva upa-5

thanks

Nick

• Moderators

This thread might help. Link

It was suggested that you can buy a Wall Wart from Radioshack and with it, you get a free "tip". Choose the Mono 3.5mm tip. Then simply plug the Wall Wart into the back of your receiver and plug the tip into your amp's trigger. That way, when you turn on your receiver, it sends the signal to your amp to tell it to turn on.

Is there a different accessary that will do it for me.

I bought this surge protector. It has 4 "always on" inputs of which, one is the master. The 8 adjacent inputs will turn on once the master input is activated. It works great to trigger my other devices...... subs, a/v cooler, tv, etc.

I use my Rocketfish Power Conditioner to cut on or off all my equipment similar to the surge protector ideal. All I have to do is cut the TV on and everything powers on. I have 2 vintage amps on my system that do not have a 12 volt trigger input. Getting up and turning on the amps would not be all bad, I could use the exercise. No, I am lazy!