Forte 1 vs Forte 2

cyto

I know this has been beat to death but I wanted some current opinions.

Is there a noticeable difference between Forte1 and Forte 2? Particularly with my system (see signature). I know the "spec" differences but that does not always equate to sonic differences.

Looking to upgrade soon.

Thanks

David

I've owned both. The forte II has a better mid range horn........the Forte is still awesome and sounds great. I didn't notice any difference in the bass between the two.

Keep your eye out for a pair, and if the deal is good go get 'em.

What would be a "fair" price? I see them listed for $400 to $700 a pair.

I've owned both. The forte II has a better mid range horn........the Forte is still awesome and sounds great. I didn't notice any difference in the bass between the two.

Keep your eye out for a pair, and if the deal is good go get 'em.

What would be a "fair" price? I see them listed for $400 to $700 a pair.

That's what they seem to go for around here too. I met a really cool guy who sold me his FII's for $350 in mint condition (he knew I stole them)

Keep your eye open......don't count out a pair of Chorus's if want to go that vintage. I paid $600 for a pair of mint Chorus I's and they blow the Forte and FII away.

"Fair" is up to you. Sorry, I am not much help in the $$$ department.

David,

If I had to note any difference between the two, I would say the Fortes are a bit more placement specific. With the Tractrix mid horn, the Forte II's are more forgiving and less directional. Your listening position can be a bit more off-axis and still get full quality sound. Both are fantastic speakers.

Bill

I've owned both and to my ears the sound is so similar, that for me, either one works as well as the other.

I own both and they both sound awesome, cant go wrong with either one. I picked up both pairs at different times for $400-$450 in good shape. That seems to be the average price on them.

David,

If I had to note any difference between the two, I would say the Fortes are a bit more placement specific. With the Tractrix mid horn, the Forte II's are more forgiving and less directional. Your listening position can be a bit more off-axis and still get full quality sound. Both are fantastic speakers.

Bill

Agreed

I would also consider the Chorus II.

In addition I would spend the money on preimium network components. Origonal Chorus and Forte networks are pretty old in 2012.