Wall Mounts for Rs-7

wstanger

Are stands out of the question? If not, I've got some great ones that I use for mine. If so, have you considered building some "regular" shelves with a built in angle and a lip to keep it from sliding forward? The downside is that you pretty much need to get the angle right the first go. The upside is that you will not have to drill into the speaker and DIY shelves are really cheap.

rs-7's have some heft to them and its a shame to have to drill into the speaker themelves and itll kill the resale value of them too. I dont have any other suggestions though.

I would not drill holes in them I will attach using exsisting keyhole mount.I would machine a bracket that attaches RS to whatever mount I buy. Trying to find a mount for these is no easy task.

Are stands out of the question? If not, I've got some great ones that I use for mine. If so, have you considered building some "regular" shelves with a built in angle and a lip to keep it from sliding forward? The downside is that you pretty much need to get the angle right the first go. The upside is that you will not have to drill into the speaker and DIY shelves are really cheap.

I have a pair of RF-7s as "B' surrounds so stands will not work.This is what I am dealing with'

post-48082-13819688368996_thumb.jpg

If you're not trying to angle them a ton, couldn't you use the keyhole mounts and use a much longer cabinet screw for the top mount and adjust the angle by leaving that one out further with a slight angle on it so both screws would still lock in while achieving your angle. Total cost .50 if you don't have the proper screws and a few more minutes measuring after you figure out the exact angle you need. You can also paint the upper fastener the same color as the wall to hide it as much as possible. Just my .02 worth.[:P]

• Moderators

I would machine a bracket that attaches RS to whatever mount I buy.

I had a friend of mine weld a custom mount for my RS-35's and am using it on my RS-52's. You can see pics of it here. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see the actual unit he made and the next page shows it installed.