Painted LA SCALA

Loudogp250

• Moderators

Sounds like a GOOD price to me, I would hurry, [:P] if possible ask if they remember what kind of paint was used, enamel, latex? That way if you want to repaint you can lightly sand and repaint, and if any body work is needed you can touch that up before painting.

If possible listen to each driver by covering the other, just to make sure they all work, If one is not working it's not expensive to repair. (sorry if you know all this already)

If you get them I would just leave them alone and listen for a while, get use to the sound.

If they are like 15-20 years old I would eventually change the caps and that's about all that really needs to be done, and no rush on that.

It will be a big change compared to what you listening to now, I think you will like them, if not you can touch them up and easily get your money back, i doubt you will want to. [Y]

• Moderators

I have been thinking about paining my junky pair of LS with bed liner. :) That way I can put them in the bed of my truck and be a real redneck. :)

You have a big shop for storage, be a real redneck and build some like these, they can fit in the back of a truck (to prove redneck authenticity) and sound better than (more bass) a LaScala. [:P] LaScala top half/MWM bottoms, AA crossovers. A car radio with pre-outs connected to a D-75 Crown amp (the box on top). It works really well on just the car radio, to be completely portable 12V car battery. You would be surprised at the sound.

post-11804-13819689172216_thumb.jpg

You have a big shop for storage, be a real redneck and build some like these, they can fit in the back of a truck (to prove redneck authenticity) and sound better than (more bass) a LaScala. Stick out tongue LaScala top half/MWM bottoms, AA crossovers. A car radio with pre-outs connected to a D-75 Crown amp (the box on top). It works really well on just the car radio, to be completely portable 12V car battery. You would be surprised at the sound.

You aint right, you know that don't you. LMAO, that is one great picture.[Y]

• Moderators

How's $600 sound with AA crossovers?

Go get them with a little TLC new capacitors they will sound and look great you can always sand the paint off and add a 1/2 sheet of Baltic Birch or another veneered plywood to the outside and they will look cool.

And this guy.....well Kg4guy knows what he is talking about with capacitors, he built the crossover used on the speakers in that pic and they have never came close to sounding this good before he overhauled them.

Kg4 guy, Christy got out the bed today for the first time in days we never forgot about you. I am sorry, I don't know how to run that machine or I would have done it myself, sorry.

I have been thinking about paining my junky pair of LS with bed liner. :) That way I can put them in the bed of my truck and be a real redneck. :)

You have a big shop for storage, be a real redneck and build some like these, they can fit in the back of a truck (to prove redneck authenticity) and sound better than (more bass) a LaScala. Stick out tongue LaScala top half/MWM bottoms, AA crossovers. A car radio with pre-outs connected to a D-75 Crown amp (the box on top). It works really well on just the car radio, to be completely portable 12V car battery. You would be surprised at the sound.

Why not just stack them LaScalas on my THT's! After that, I can geft some of them big smoke stacks! yeehaw

• Moderators

Why not just stack them LaScalas on my THT's!

Now that would sound good, and just skip the subs when you want to be portable, T-amp or good car radio with a cd player. [Y]

Have fun with it, connect it to something portable and put them in the back of your truck and pull up on the side of one of those thumping cars, you know the ones you can hear parts rattling on it every time the bass hits. When you come to a light stop on the side of him with the LaScalas pointed toward his way and let him have it, this way he can hear what midrange and highs sound like instead of just a distorted rattling thump.......always wanted to try that.

Or at a gas station, they like to play it loud and leave the door open, like I want to hear that crap, might have to try it one day. [6]

I would think a good car radio with one of those 12v car sub amps should curl there hair from about 20' ! [:o]