Sorry, but had to ask. Other forums for...?

lne937s

I am a big fan of the Klipsch Forum, but need to find quality forums to ask questions about other interests. I thought that the engineers and DIY'ers here might know.

I have always been interested in building a car since I was a kid, and have a fair amount of knowledge from rebuilding them while growing up and researching in magazines and the internet.

I was wanting to rent a garage starting next spring build a small, simple, lightweight car... What forums should I use?

I was thinking about using a motorcycle engine (Hayabusa) Legend style or mid mount. Any forums?

I want to also use carbon fiber, based on some research I have done, but want a practical forum where I can ask questions as I go along.

I was also wondering about the practical aspects of using cyanoacrylate adheasive (superglue) to join aluminum parts (like Lotus Elise and Panoz).

I love Austin Healy 100-4s and was thinking about making a pseudoreplica, any good kit sites, chassis and body diagrams?

Sorry to have to ask here, but I thought it might be a good place to get some input.

thank you everyone, please excuse my spelling.

Larry Evans

Hmm i really dunno where to find any of that stuff online

But i could try to find out some info for you. My new

neighbor races a legends car with a 1200cc yamaha bike

engine. I will see him in 2 weeks when i move in. If you

still havent found any info by then email me quiskr20@aol.com

And ill see what info i can get from him.

Hope this helps

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

HK AVR-510 Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

pwk.gif

R.I.P. Paul W. Klipsch THE LEGEND! 3/9/04 - 5/5/02

I look at Kit Car magazine at Borders from time to time. You might start there for sources of info on two important items.

First, what does it take to get a car road legal. One concern is safety equipment like lights and airbags.

Second, where can you get insurance for a home built. This is required to get it on the road.

On the other other hand, if this is just be a track car, perhaps those are not your interests.

Gil

I do want to put it on the street.

As for most modern safety devises (air bags, 5 MPH bumpers), they usually only apply to production vehicles. I think that racing harnesses, roll bars, etc. are more effective in wrecks anyway.

I know that I will need some type of turn signals, headlights, mirrors, basic emissions, etc.

I have heard that motorcycles are registered by the engine unlike cars that are registered by the frame; and that by using a motorcycle engine you could theoretically register a 4 wheeled vehicle as a motorcycle!?! This would circumvent a number or regulations.

My problem with Kit Car is that their forum sucks, I thimk I am actually the 3rd post on it.

Thankyou for all your help so far... I know that this is not the correct forum, but I need ideas

thanks again

Larry

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

Maybe the people from the cable show "Junk Yard Wars" could help. They may have a web site, who knows.

Heh, thats funny because I just seen a DIY competition show the other day. It was not building speakers or cars, but decks and what not for you home.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>