Turntable options?

jtubbs6117

Guys this is something really new to me, but I am looking to find a turntable. What are you using? What do you like about the table? Back story my mother in law has about 300 records and my wife would like to keep them and listen to them from time to time. Thanks

I just sold a VPI scout with really nice dynavector 5x cart for $1100... a bit above your budget, but that seems to be the going rate for a 9-10 condition.... Highly regarded and very well reviewed..... keep an eye open for one, got to go to about 3k to best it..... I really liked that table and only sold it to feed my obsession with upgrades LOL

new a Rega plannar 3 is also awesome! and well within your budget.... I'm of the opinion of "garbage in garbage out" and it doesn't really matter how great your amps/pre/ speakers are if the front end doesn't supply them with good info.....

$500 will get you a nice technics mk1200 add $200 for a nice MM cart and you have a nice tough as nails work horse that will go forever.....

Make sure your Preamp/receiver has Phono in or you will need to budget for a phono preamp.... Rega has a nice "fono" unit for about $200 that will do just fine for now.... :)

kinda open 500 to 1000...I know that's not a lot but I would just like to get a mid range table for now. If it turns into something we use more and more maybe something at a higher level later.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Turntables-What-should-you-buy_W0QQugidZ10000000002161529

I use an Empire 398.

Chris

http://reviews.ebay.com/Turntables-What-should-you-buy_W0QQugidZ10000000002161529'>

I use a hot rodded Rega P5 I got for a few hundred dollars more than your max buy in OP. I am sure you could find a OEM P5 for just about 1k$ because the new P6 has just been released... if not, a P3/24 is within your price range.

make sure to budget for cartridge... 325-425$

the only thing I am missing is the ability to play 78's... I think I might get a Lenco Soon for that duty.