Amplifier question

MagnumMan

I'm getting a pair of KLF-30's for my mains. I already have the KLF C7 for center and I'm moving KG 5.5's to surrounds. I know Klipsch are very efficent speakers and could be run with my reciever. But at times I like to push the system and know I should have a little more power to run everything.

I'm looking at the Rotel RMB 1095(200x5) to do the job. i already have a rotel and was hoping to stick with same brand.

What is your feedback on this?

Thanks!!

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

------------

Mains: KG 5.5

Rears: KG 3.5

Center: KLF-C7

Subs: (2) Antique wooden coffins with (3) 12" Advents in each

Receiver: HK AVR-80

DD Processor: HK ADP-303

DTS Processor: Rotel RDA 985

AudioControl Phase Coupled Activator Series Three

DVD: Toshiba 4109X

Laserdisc: Yamaha CDV-W901

5 CH Amp(for subs): Rotel RB-985

Single Cass Deck: HK TD-420

Dual Cass Deck: HK DC-520

I'm using an RB-1080 with pair of KLF-20's and that thing has yet to run out of steam. A very clean and quick amp. Sometimes a little too quick, meaning it doesn't really give a kind of McIntosh warm feeling. But it depends on what your looking for.

At lower volumes it does tend to hold back a little, but at upper volume levels.....well.....let 'er rip!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

FWIW

I run a pair of 30's on a 30w/ch tube amp and they'll blow you out of the room. I don't doubt that you could drive your 30's to ear-bleed levels with that amp you are considering.

LOL

The other day my neighbour's cat was on my front lawn and I had all the doors and windows closed. I put the O Brother Where Art Thou CD in the CD player and hadn't noticed that the volume was turned up to 1/2 on my amp hit the play button.

That poor puss went straight up and lit outta there like he had a rocket tied to his tail.My neighbour told me later that the cat refused to come out from under the porch until late in the evening.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

I recently added a Parasound 2205AT to my HT and LOVE it! In conjunction with my KLF's, the 220W x 5 drives the speakers to ridiculous levels with clean crisp sound. I have always believed that it is better to have to much power than enough.

Mike

------------------

Sony STR-DA777ES

Parasound 2205AT

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 center

KLF-10 surrounds

2 x Velo SPL1200 subs

2 x SVS 20-39CS+ Samson 1000

Behringer DSP1124P

Sony SCD-CE775 SACD

Sony DVP-NC600 DVD

Sony SLV-R1000 VCR

Sony 32" TV

BrickWall

This message has been edited by Halder35 on 05-26-2002 at 10:49 PM

bsacco,

I'm not sure about the KGs but I have a pair of KLF 30s and I'm pleased with them. I'm void of the audiophile words to describe their sound but the sound is nice. With these speakers, I hear things in the music that I could not/did not hear before. It's not only the voice your listening to but also what goes on in the back ground. At 101 db they are very sensitive and you can drive them to loud levels very easily. Mine are mated with an older Yamaha MX-800 power amp and together they run me out of the house.

Their two, 12-inch woofers give them a lot of punch/bass if that's what you are looking for. The music I listen to sounds great coming from my KLF 30s. If you can pick up a pair at a low price, get them, I think you'll like them.

EE

Mlstrass,

The difference between using your 3802's amps and a separate amp to me is night and day. I was using a Sony receiver until about a month ago. Pushing the Sony to the 11 o'clock was far as I could get it without clipping, I was afraid of damaging my speakers. The amp I'm using is about 200 wpc and it makes the 30s sing. Now, I can turn the volume up without worrying about clipping, not too loud though because it runs me out of the room. I'm sure you have preouts on the 3802, look for a used amp and see if you like it. I bought mine from a friend and only paid 250 bucks for it to include a preamp. If nothing else you could sell it if you do not like it.

EE

thanks everyone! I will still plan on getting the Rotel,but due to vacation next month,will have to wait till after.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

------------

Mains: KG 5.5

Rears: KG 3.5

Center: KLF-C7

Subs: (2) Antique wooden coffins with (3) 12" Advents in each

Receiver: HK AVR-80

DD Processor: HK ADP-303

DTS Processor: Rotel RDA 985

AudioControl Phase Coupled Activator Series Three