Head Hurts After Looking for New A/V

bee144

This is my first post but after looking around this seemed to be a friendly and knowledgeable community.

My Pioneer VSX-919AH stopped playing audio and video. I assume it wasn't properly ventilated. Now I'm looking for a new receiver. Pioneer is out of the question since they only have 1 year warranties. My budget is no more than $400-$450. I've gotten lost on selecting a unit though.

I read that the Denon AVR-1912 is a good pick but that it lacks their Acoustic XT technology. They said to go for the step up, the Denon AVR-2112CI, but that cost a lot more.

My setup is as follows:

Front: Klipsch VF-36 Bi-Amped

Center: Klipsch VC-25

Rear: Klipsch VS-14

Sub: Klipsch SW-350

TV: Sony 32" XBR9

Blu Ray Player: Sony BDP-S360

Apple TV

Thanks for any help or guidance.

• Moderators

YES it can make your head hurt, figure out what features you need and would like to have and compare what you can get in your price range. What drives me crazy is not counting all of that they each sound a little different ! [:S]

Really just wanted to say Welcome, sorry for not helping but I know how you feel. [:P]

If you can stretch your budget a tiny bit..... Onkyo 709 from accessories4less.com $499 I think. It gives you preouts for adding an amp in the future..... (also makes it easier to sell should u want to upgrade). Plenty of power and audyssey multi eq XT. Of course it has internet radio and iPod connectability. runs cool as well.

Onkyo 709 from accessories4less.com $499 I think. It gives you preouts for adding an amp in the future..... (also makes it easier to sell should u want to upgrade). Plenty of power and audyssey multi eq XT.

I second the motion for the Onkyo TX-NR709. I have owned my TX-SR705(2007 model) for close to 5 years with zero issues at all. It has performed flawlessly without any hdmi handshake issues or any other common problems many brands of receivers experience. A4Less is an authorized Onkyo dealer that is great to work with.

Bill

• Moderators

A4Less is an authorized Onkyo dealer that is great to work with.

That's good to know, would hate to find out the hard way. Being there are less and less real audio stores you almost have to buy online. Thanks

If you're willing to settle for features over sound any one that's got them will do.The only way you should get a headache is if sound is the most important, that's where the work is, features...they all got em'......flip a coin.