Sound of RS-62 vs. RS-62 II

Cost isn't an issue. I can get a very good price on anything current gen brand new, but I'm just wondering if there would be a big difference in sound between the RS-62 and 62 II. I've already got my heart set on 6 inchers all the way around. If the original RS-62s are a better match, I'll wait and find a good pair of used ones.

I retract my statement [*-)] I thought you were comparing rf to the rs, some use towers as rears or surrounds

I think the only sound difference between rs62 version i and ii is the frequency crossover point in all reality itll probably be tough to tell the difference

Aside from cosmetic differences and cost it should be likely a horse a peice

I personally like the look of the new grill as well but they say reference on the bottom instead of klipsch [:@], oh well small gripe

the rs52s do a fine job also, but 62s do get a better sensitivity and frequency response I had both for a time but can't comment how they will compare to the 42s, no doubt should be an upgrade either which version you choose

heres a older thread talking about 42s vs 52s

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/118063.aspx

with that said 62s seem like the way to go as you seem to be doing many upgrades currently, with the added sensitivity increase in these and the posibility of you looking into external amps it'll just be that much better in the end...if there ever was an end [:D]