History question ....

I was thinking under the hood or even a grill mount. I have K700 which would look good there and play loud. A little mylar film across the throat of the horn would keep the moisture out. Youu could bumper mount those La Scalla's and get a more realistic stereo presentation and they would give you a crumple zone (well in front of the driver) on impact. Best regards Moray James.

PS loud truck horns (trumpets) well over the 150 db range.

In my car audio days there were a couple of companies that offered horn systems for car audio. A correctly set up pair would out image any pair of direct radiating tweeters any day of the week. Image Dynamics had various models, custom crossover units, and a 2 ohm 6" mid-bass driver (needed due to the high efficiency of the horn). The horns were made in such a way that the driver unit would be tucked up under the dash. When I competed in IASCA in 1995 I had a chance to hear some exquisite systems with very high end gear and the horn systems center image was amazing. There were a couple of other horn manufacturers but their names escape me a google search could probably reveal them. Butler and Earthquake also made amps that had stages driven with tubes that sounded outstounding.

Klipsch has never ventured into car audio. I rode in a van once with 4 heresy's, zapco amps & equalizer with a top of the line alpine deck that was very impressive.

Neil's photo reminded me of Don Peterson who was a Klipsch rep in the early '70s. He drove a VW minibus around the country with a pair of LaScalas inside. Needless to say the sensory experience sitting inside was teeth-rattling!

Lee

He drove a VW minibus around the country with a pair of LaScalas inside. Needless to say the sensory experience sitting inside was teeth-rattling!

I'd guess that they were really "corner loaded" in that thing...wherever you put them. [:D]

Chris

Neil's photo reminded me of Don Peterson who was a Klipsch rep in the early '70s. He drove a VW minibus around the country with a pair of LaScalas inside. Needless to say the sensory experience sitting inside was teeth-rattling!

Lee

That's the old joke about putting speakers in a VW. The hard part is parking them in the corners of your room.