Like-New Klipsch RF-7II 5.0 (no woofer) System $2,295!!

AudioAddicted

Sorry if I put words into your mouth. I looked for those threads, but couldn't seem to find. My memory can be extremely bad, but when it comes to useless information like a long lost childhood friend's 3rd favorite ice cream, I am usually spot on.. Thanks for the links. The camera work is impeccable! I think your reviews give very good information for people looking for either the 7s or 83s.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Sorry if I put words into your mouth.

No harm, no foul. I am not offended in any way. [:D] You did clearly state that you were trying to remember and did not try and state it as fact. And for what it's worth, my comparisons were what "I" heard with "my" ears hooked up to "my" gear in "my" room. Others mileage may vary.

My memory can be extremely bad, but when it comes to useless information like a long lost childhood friend's 3rd favorite ice cream, I am usually spot on.

Well, you have me beat. My memory stinks altogether. [:P]

The camera work is impeccable!

Thank you kindly. It's been a learning process for me since I'm not what I consider a "photographer". I'm learning to use manual settings and actually really enjoy taking photos of electronics and speakers. It's quite fun and so far, I've been able to capture some pretty good photos of the gear that I have photographed.

I think your reviews give very good information for people looking for either the 7s or 83s.

That is my hope. [:D]

Thank you kindly. It's been a learning process for me since I'm not what I consider a "photographer". I'm learning to use manual settings and actually really enjoy taking photos of electronics and speakers. It's quite fun and so far, I've been able to capture some pretty good photos of the gear that I have photographed.

I think your reviews give very good information for people looking for either the 7s or 83s.

That is my hope. Big Smile

I saw your side by side RF7 and RF 83 pics on I think a German site the other day while surfing. No credit to "Youthman" was given [:^)]

The black is nice, yes. I prefer cherry better. But I think having a cherry speaker and painting it black would be a bad idea. It would destroy the value if you ever wanted to sell them again, and also wouldn't have the grain of the black veneer. I think they would be better off holding out for an actual black speaker.

You guys are looking pretty good on the field so far. Tressel was a pretty good coach, and I think Urban Meyer should make an even better fit. (Sorry for completely derailing the topic).

That makes sense. It's never a bad thing to try and match the rest of your room I guess lol. My walls are maize (almost bright yellow) and my carpet dark blue (I am a huge University of Michigan football fan) so trying to match speakers to the room for me is kind of useless.

From what I read on the forum, and Youthman had a very good post doing a back to back comparison on the RF-83's and RF-7's is the 83's tend to have more of a laid back sound where the RF-7's are more in your face. If memory serves me correctly, he also decided the 83's sounded better under weaker conditions (lower quality amp, receiver, etc...) than the RF-7. When he added higher quality components, the RF-7's started to sound better. I also believe the RF-7 is usually quite a bit cheaper if that helps sway your decision.

I think the main reason I got the RF-83's was because I used to lust over them at an audio store I used to frequent, but were out of my price range until I found a good set on Audiogon. I also liked the RC-64 more than the RC-7, or maybe I just like the look of having more woofers. One last thing that comes to mind that I notice some people have trouble with is placement. If you are going to be somewhat limited on where you can place your speakers, the RF-83's seem to be a bit more room friendly on where you place them. I hope I didn't give you too much to consider, either way you should be very happy. I/We just don't want you having the "What If's" or upgradeitus.

Great post!

Thanks a lot for your really insightful educated help, it makes a lot of difference.

I'm from Ohio by the way, haha, but I don't watch sports.

So basically, keep looking on Ohio Craig's List and Audiogon for RF-7's? Sounds like even if I went with some amazing speakers like the RF-82's, I may still years from now really regret not just getting the RF-7's and blowing my house down.