Timbre question

If I have a pair of forte ii with the crites tweeter how close would a pair of heresys be with the same crites tweeter as far as timbre goes for my LCR. Edit: also I noticed the new heresy has the titanium tweeters in them (not sure how they compare sonically to crites)

However, the Crfites tweeter is different from the Klipsch tweeters in either the new or the old Heresy, and therefore will not sound exactly the same.

I cannot tell you "how close" YOU would think they are. Most who have tried the Crites prefer them, while some (including myself) do not.

However, the Crfites tweeter is different from the Klipsch tweeters in either the new or the old Heresy, and therefore will not sound exactly the same.

I cannot tell you "how close" YOU would think they are. Most who have tried the Crites prefer them, while some (including myself) do not.

He stated"... forte ii with the crites tweeter how close would a pair of heresys be with the same crites tweeter ...".

FWIW, it's been my experience that identical mids and tweeters, including the horns, are essential for music and nearly so for home theater. I have a LaScala center between a pair of Belles. They have identical drivers and crossovers, the only difference being the K-400 horn in the Lascala vs the K-500 in the Belles.They sound very different to me. In movies it's noticable with even the sound of a car or train panning across the front. I was able to eq it close enough to fix it for movies but only replacing the K-400 with a K-500 in the center made it "work" for me for music.

Mike

FWIW, it's been my experience that identical mids and tweeters, including the horns, are essential for music and nearly so for home theater. I have a LaScala center between a pair of Belles. They have identical drivers and crossovers, the only difference being the K-400 horn in the Lascala vs the K-500 in the Belles.They sound very different to me. In movies it's noticable with even the sound of a car or train panning across the front. I was able to eq it close enough to fix it for movies but only replacing the K-400 with a K-500 in the center made it "work" for me for music.

Mike

Very true, the horns make a significant difference along with the fact that all crossovers though sharing the same crossover point are not the same, There are very different slopes (no matter if you think 6db or 12db) and Q factors involved in the crossover design. They will all make a significant difference in the timbre.

EDIT:

BTW many folks will be happy with the match since it will likely be close enough.

Mike

Very true, the horns make a significant difference along with the fact that all crossovers though sharing the same crossover point are not the same, There are very different slopes (no matter if you think 6db or 12db) and Q factors involved in the crossover design. They will all make a significant difference in the timbre.

EDIT:

BTW many folks will be happy with the match since it will likely be close enough.

I thought Forte and Heresy used the same horns. [:S]

I thought Forte and Heresy used the same horns. Tongue Tied

I think it was said as Forte ii (II).

The Forte had a different tweeter material than the Heresy II (1.5 for that matter) with some additional padding and impedance compensation on the tweeter.

Forte II is a different beast. [;)]

Likely still close enough not to complain considering most centers due to the multiple woofers and L+R are different enough in the design to break 100% matching.