Klipsch Forum Member Veterans And Active Duty

BLSamuel

We are thankful for those who served and is serving. But Memorial Day is dedicated to the rememberance of those fallen. And remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and a soldier. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

If you responded, then you are not dead. If you are not dead, then you cannot be remembered!

Here's the same reply I made to speakerfritz.

Take the time to actually READ the post.

My, early, Memorial Day Thoughts thread inspired me to start a thread to try to capture Klipsch Forum Members who have served in the military or are on active duty.

so , we are going to keep recognizing Veterans during Memorial Day.....what are we going to do for Veterans Day...honor deceased soldiers???? This is so inappropriate and needs to stop.

You have missed the point Speakerfritz. I'm not sure how to try and continue this without it coming off as arguing with you or it seeming like a personal attack on you. Neither of those are my intent.

Regardless of this thread all of our Veterans lost will be remembered and honored on Memorial Day.

Problem I have with this is that there are folks giving crap to the OP that had his heart in the right place. I took it that the OP was giving a nood and a wink to past and present members of America's armed forces

For you "living veterans" that choose to give the originator of this thread a hard time due to semantics make sure you save a lung full of air to pucker up and kiss my >>> because I will certainly bare it for you.

To the OP, thank you sir I raise a glass to you.

My, early, Memorial Day Thoughts thread inspired me to start a thread to try to capture Klipsch Forum Members who have served in the military or are on active duty.

Just wanted to clarify
Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces
Veterans Day, formerly Armistice Day, is an annual United States holiday honoring armed service veterans

My sister who died on active duty would be honored during memorial day. On the other hand, I, who retired from the army in 1995, would be recognized during veterans day.

Fritz - I get it;. Memorial Day is for those who died while serving. Veterans day for those who survived.

So excuse me for being confused but I will continue to pray for those who died serving their country on Memorial Day along with all veterans. Likewise, I will say a prayer for Veterans on Veterans Day also pray for those who died serving their country on Veterans day.

Acutally I pray and thank God for all service men and women every day including active duty.

So if you don't like it. I'm sorry. I will observe Memorial Day tomorrow as a Day of thanks for all those who gave their lives. But I will also give thanks to all veterans. This is a free county and really it doesn't matter what you think but it's like you've been playing old recordings with cactus needle styli and stuck one in your eye or something.

p.s. Thank you for serving our country.

Hey Ben...don't sweat this, you didn't say anything inappropriate at all. The criticism of your post is childish and the only reason i'm giving it any of my time at all, is because I know you're a stand up guy, and your heart is in the right place. So ignore all the negative comments, I'd don't think anyone takes those ones to heart anyway.

"On Memorial Day the flag is raised briskly to the top of the staff and then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position, where it remains only until noon. It is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.

The half-staff position remembers the more than one million men and women who gave their lives in service of their country. At noon their memory is raised by the living, who resolve not to let their sacrifice be in vain, but to rise up in their stead and continue the fight for liberty and justice for all."

Quoted from Wikipedia