Is $500 normal for a pair of Forte II

Serge_S

• Moderators

I would say yes if everything is working and there not beat up. We paid if I remember correctly $550 or $525 for one pair and $475 for another, both were in ok shape, not great but not bad either. And this was a few years ago.

The economy is wacked these days so you will get all levels of prices for forte's/forte II's. I would put the range at $375.00 to $550.00 based on condition and eagerness to sell. I will say this, with forte's/forte II's, the performance you get far exceeds the top end of the $$$ range. I would also pay upwards of $600.00 for forte's/forte II's if they were the right ones at the right time. They are that good.

Bill

iwander I am located in the suburbs of Buffalo. I am deciding whether to go w/HIII, stretch to CIII or LS, or get those Forte's. And also can't get Danley's out of my head. Too many choices. Are yours in good condition?

I posted links of what's on Craigs from Heritage line in Buffalo in my other post. Thanks

wayfarer,

I'm in California. I'm afraid we're too far apart. I was looking for a local pickup. Mine are Forte II's in walnut. There are some marks on top that the previous owner tried to patch. I used them for rear surround speakers. I'm asking $450. I replaced the Fortes with a pair of Cornwalls. I now have CW's front and rear. I'm reluctant to sell them but it was the deal with my wife for getting the CW's.

In looking at the CL listings, I would stick with the Forte II's. I like the Heresy III's alot but you'll need to add a pair of subs. If you have the space and budget, I would think about Chorus II's or Cornwalls. There are close in size and price. CW's are more common out west.

Take your time. Good luck.