Outdoor speakers

Utard

Unfortunatly outdoor speakers are one of those things best purchased "off season" when the entire world is not shopping for them. You can usually find some decent deals on either Klipsch AW series or CA series, but generally not in the middle of summer. I recall an older thread that CP1 had mentioned that the KSB3.1 is the same speaker as the KHO-7 without the outdoor housing. So if they will not get wet, that may be a viable option for you, but don't quote me on that for sure either...sound right to me if I recall though. I have AW-500s and am happy with them, paid under $200 new in box with full warranty. I may upgrade to some of their bigger brothers in the future, but for now they work fine for me. I have also used some of the Realistic Minimus 7s with metal housings in the past and for a tiny little speaker they worked great on the side of my old house.

ACE

I've seriously considered building some cabs out of 1/2" thick polypropolene. I was thinking of using drivers for automobiles, as they are typically weather resistant as they are used in doors, etc. The speaker wire could be some direct bury cable, which can take a lot of abuse. I'm not sure what the total cost might be, but I have a pair of Boston Acoustic 6X9's just waiting for an experiment.

I have also used some of the Realistic Minimus 7s with metal housings in the past and for a tiny little speaker they worked great on the side of my old house.

ACE

Yup!... Always my first recommendation, the Minimus 7's get the job done and the price can't be beat. You can find them on Craigslist or e-Bay all the time. I just picked-up two pairs for my neighbor's deck, he is really happy with them. I used them on my boat for years.

I have also used some of the Realistic Minimus 7s with metal housings in the past and for a tiny little speaker they worked great on the side of my old house.

ACE

Yup!... Always my first recommendation, the Minimus 7's get the job done and the price can't be beat. You can find them on Craigslist or e-Bay all the time. I just picked-up two pairs for my neighbor's deck, he is really happy with them. I used them on my boat for years.
I knew a husband/wife couple who sang at churches. They used the Minimus 7s as monitors. They were small enough to be out of the way and sounded great for their use. I always thought they were highly under rated by most people, and sounded pretty darn good.

Bruce