KLF30 vs RF7 II

CRAZY4SOUND

I have not heard the KLF's personally but from what I have gathered here on these forums over the years is that the KLFs had cabinet issues and they also used poly tweeter diaphrams which didnt sound that great. IMO the RF-7 is a better built speaker in stock form and was obviously much more popular as far as sales which helps with the re-sale value.

In theory(and in most cases) a 3-way speaker will have much smoother transitions than a 2-way. In the case of the RF-7, the designers have asked two 10 inch woofers to cross over to a 1.75 tweeter. A pretty daunting task but I think they have pulled it off pretty good. Without the horn, I think it would not be so smooth(some opinions disagree) . I have a pair of RF-63's that IMO, are the most 3-way sounding 2-way speaker Klipsch has ever built. Three 6.5 woofers into a 1.25 inch horn tweeter. On paper and in my opinion, a much smoother transition than with the RF-7's. Also on paper, the KLF 3-ways should trump them all.

Bill

Well then I am surprised there aren't more 8 way speakers. Paper is for buring or reading. Speakers are for listening.

I had RF-7's, KLF-20's and KLF-30's all in the same room at the same time for a few days. I believe the KLF's are a more "forgiving" and much more musical speaker in a direct comparison. I chose the KLF-30's, Crites titanium tweeters and two tubes of PL Premium construction adhesive and never looked back! YMMV [:D]