Heresy II vs. Academy as center for la scala's. PICS included

alexg5775

Picked up these bad boys:) Now i just have to paint them black.....

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/165133.aspx

So i now have two heresies. I have done my reading. I know alot of people have advised against using 2 center channels. Those that do use 2 center, im speaking about 2 heresies, love it and say it sounds amazing. Obviously i am going to try one, then both speakers and setting them up differently to figure out what sounds best. Thought i can maybe get some input from those with experience which way to set them up as center would sound best.

I think i am going to use them both vertical right bellow the TV, sitting on the little entertainment center. I read from some one that they putt one bellow and one above the tv. I am considering trying this out as well. What do you think?

Alex

Great score, Alex . . . Try every configuration. . . See what you like best. I would try one horizontal and centered first . . . Remember, try to get it about ear level or just a hair below. That should be optimal for one. Then play and try all of the different configs from there . . . You will know what is right for you....one channell or two centers. Have fun.

What do you think?

If using the pair is the route you're going to take, try placing them under the TV. Place the units upright (as normal), side-by-side. Tilt them back by 15°, then cross-fire them as shown in the picture below.

The angles are important. Cross-firing keeps comb-filtering to a minimum, yet substantially widens their combined dispersion. Tilting them back keeps the mid range from bouncing off the floor too soon, and the 25° splay affords cross-firing, yet is shallow enough to keep the tweeters from ricocheting off the baffle of the adjacent cross-fired speaker.

Try that out for size. Hardest part will be coming up with a method to maintain that compound angle as the cabs will be resting on one corner, for the most part....and finding a home for all the gear already underneath the TV.

post-42237-1381973848639_thumb.png

post-42237-1381976914675_thumb.png

post-42237-13819796210172_thumb.png

Why would anyone think the HIP-BG would not blend? It uses the same drivers has a high power handling woofer and is adept at reproducing vocals since they are quite often used on stands as part of a band's PA system.

I use a La Scala in the center between my La Scala mains and it serves as the TV stand as well and I live in an apartment! See system layout below.

Why would anyone think the HIP-BG would not blend? It uses the same drivers has a high power handling woofer and is adept at reproducing vocals since they are quite often used on stands as part of a band's PA system.

I use a La Scala in the center between my La Scala mains and it serves as the TV stand as well and I live in an apartment! See system layout below.

I was really asking the question, "are the tweeter, mid range drivers and horns, and the woofer the same in the pro version as in the standard La Scala?". From your answer then, they must be. So what makes it a "professional" (or industrial) version? Is it just a,stronger cabinet shaped the same? This is a real question from someone still learning.

What do you think?

If using the pair is the route you're going to take, try placing them under the TV. Place the units upright (as normal), side-by-side. Tilt them back by 15°, then cross-fire them as shown in the picture below.

The angles are important. Cross-firing keeps comb-filtering to a minimum, yet substantially widens their combined dispersion. Tilting them back keeps the mid range from bouncing off the floor too soon, and the 25° splay affords cross-firing, yet is shallow enough to keep the tweeters from ricocheting off the baffle of the adjacent cross-fired speaker.

Try that out for size. Hardest part will be coming up with a method to maintain that compound angle as the cabs will be resting on one corner, for the most part....and finding a home for all the gear already underneath the TV.

My heresies have the risers tilting them back. I am actually thinking to take risers off. If i place them on top of unit the tweeter will be just about at ear level, if they have the risers angleing them up the tweeters will actually be aiming above ear level. Thaught? Leave them on or take them off?

Yes, I have to play with speakers to find what sounds best. My friend in Orlando picked them up for me (Orlando is 3 hours away) so I'm waiting for her to come to Miami so I can get my speakers:) She said she's going to try and come next weekend... The unit under the tv has two bottom levels which will hold receiver and equipment more than fine. I am going to put the heresies on top of unit. They will be about 6 inches below tv that way so I plan on bringing them up, maybe even tv a little down. I want the speakers to be flush with bottom of tv so the sound appears to be coming from tv. Thats the way i have the rc-62 not and i really like it. Thank for all the help guys.

Alex

So what makes it a "professional" (or industrial) version?

The addition of features that would appeal to a pro-sound user (terminal cups, fuses, edge guards, stain-resistant coatings, handles, etc..) and the substitution of the K-43 woofer in place of the standard K-33.

The K-42 Woofer is the difference along with the slotted port along the bottom. Higher power handling, rugged cabinet and less bass response are the notable differences. They get LOUD!!!!

Great when paired with a stout subwoofer.

Picked up these bad boys:) Now i just have to paint them black.....

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/165133.aspx

Glad to see a forum member bought them.

Thanks you. I saw them the day before you posted them in alerts and I wasn't really going to get them. Then I thought about it, read up on painting them and thaught why not? I'll be sure to post pics and reviews when all is done. Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

Alex

My friend in Orlando picked them up for me (Orlando is 3 hours away) so I'm waiting for her to come to Miami so I can get my speakers:) She said she's going to try and come next weekend...

Alex,

Have your friend stop by my place(right off the turnpike) and pick up my Acurus 5-channel amp.[:D] Since you are splitting the signal for dual center channels(4ohm load), you need some current[li] to drive them.[;)]

Bill

My friend in Orlando picked them up for me (Orlando is 3 hours away) so I'm waiting for her to come to Miami so I can get my speakers:) She said she's going to try and come next weekend...

Alex,

Have your friend stop by my place(right off the turnpike) and pick up my Acurus 5-channel amp.Big Smile Since you are splitting the signal for dual center channels(4ohm load), you need some currentLightning to drive them.Wink

Bill

I totally wish i could have gotten one of your acurus amps[:D] I have really been outdoing my self in the $ department, upgrading to la scala's, dual marantz mono amps, paradigm servo 15a and some heresies all in about one month. I have sold some of my old equipment but still need some recuperating.

Problem is when you upgrade in one area, other areas also need upgrading[:P] I think in the future i will be in market for dual marantz ma500's for these heresies[H][Y]

Alex

Problem is when you upgrade in one area, other areas also need upgradingStick out tongue

Unfortunately that is the case sometimes.

I think in the future i will be in market for dual marantz ma500's for these heresiesCoolYes

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/3042120519.html

Pair of audiphile Marantz mono amplifiers MA-500 - $340 (Metrowest)

Date: 2012-06-17, 11:04AM EDT
Reply to: mdptt-3042120519@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

For sale or trade. Pair of marantz monoblocks amplifiers MA500 perfect working condition.
Would trade for iphone 4s or ipad 3 or ipad 2 plus cash.

5N55E25Kd3M43ma3H2c5s25d5226b047a1c75.jp
Sorry, I like to spend other's $$$.[;)]

Bill