Just got new RF-7 system

Dafishguy

m00n says:

skonopa,

Times up, you lost your chance. You failed to mount your rear RC-7 in the alotted time frame. You are now required to ship it to me... cwm4.gif>

Sorry dude - too late. It finally found its place on my back wall tonight Smile.gif. Cranked a few tunes through it just to make sure it worked cwm1.gif. And the sound quality of this setup never cease to amaze me!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Holy Mackerel, so many encouraging words. Let me see if I can address all the comments. Noz, I have 1 dog, 2 cats and an assortment of marine fish and corals. They don't seem to mind loud music/movies. I just notice the cats and dog leave the room when the tv is turned on. Maybe that's a sign or something. Skonopa, Thanks. I spent many $$$ on speaker systems only to come to the same conclusion as you. Now I have an R-7 system...WOW. The 5803 is a killer receiver. The only thing is that you need a Phd in electronics engineering to run all it's features. Michael Hurd, Thanks. My room is 14' x 24'. I did the basement area for H.T. and it works out great. My mains are basically in the same spot as your's. This seems to work out the best. I moved them in from the corners to beside the TV, This really helped in the projection of the sound stage. Really opened it up. TheEAR, Thanks. There is no way I've been able to turn the 5803 all the way up.It is deafening at about 1/3 to 1/2 volumne. But the 7's are oh so nice and tight when driven by the 5803. Talk about slam. I hope your wait for your RSW 15 is short. Forresthump, I realize that there must be many A/V items available that would best my system but I am very happy with what I have now. Maybe during the next upgrade phase in 5 to 10 years.

There, I think that's everone.

Take care all,

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

DVD Denon 2800 (Soon to be Denon 9000)

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

rick, have u got a sound meter to balance the speaker levels? or, how do the rc-3 work for you as rear surrounds - do you have to bump up their level a lot more than the 7s?

Hi Boa12,

My stereo shop came out and set everything up for me. They set the levels according to my sweet spot and told me to enjoy the system. (I am very well respected at the old stereo shop 'cause I spent WAY TOO MUCH money there.) They brought out test disks and meters and seem to have everything dialed in very nice. Just so you know, the c3's are my centre rears, not my surround rears. I have two rs7's for those. The 3's in back work very well. I guess it's because there are two of them but they work great. I thought about going to two c7's but my budget wouldn't allow it right now. My stereo store does give me a year to trade up so if I think it will make a differance I will get two c7's. The stereo shop thought the c3's would work just fine as rear centres.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Dafishguy, if I were you I would look for alternatives to the Denon DVD-9000. It didn't get very many good reviews and the price is too high for what you get. Plus, it also has the chroma bug.

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Oh, and by the way Dafishguy, how do you like your Klipsch RSW-15? Does it give you that gut rattling bass? How big of a room are you using it in (in feet)?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Hi again Kain64,

Thanks for the tip on the 9000. I wanted to get it so I can hook it to the 5803 using the firewire connection. It's suppose to make a hullva differance in performance. I will investigate it more before making a descision. My RSW-15 has bone crushing slam. I have it in a room that's 14' x 24' with the TV on the 14' wall. When I turn up the sound, there is a definate presence from the 15. It's just incredible how much tight solid bass comes from this thing. Remember, it has a built in 1000 watt amp with peak power delivery of over 2400 watts. The power is definatley there when you need it.

As for my lazy typing, I must appoligise for typing c3 and c7 above. That's just lazyness on my part. Yes my system is a full blown RF-7 reference series system.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Dafishguy, thanks for the "info"! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

I received my Denon 5803 last week with my RF-7 reference all around and wow. I have played with the crossover and I left the RF-7 and RC-7 at large and all the rest at small. The crossover as well was left at 80hz. Of course the RF-7 can ake it at 40hz and 60hz but it just lacks that kick in the chest at 40 and 60 hz from the sub. I for now I am leaving it at 80hz. The overall bass repsonse is better at 80hz. Make sure and set the Main+LFE when the RF-7's are at large. This way it send uniform base to the RF-7's and the sub. I use an M&K350THX sub.

Troy

troy, setting so that low bass goes simultaneously to both sub & other speaks (fronts+lfe) & the big fronts like rf-7 or other speaks to large is why many find this produces the dreaded standing waves, muddy bass, poor bass quality etc. especially w/ 2-channel music w/ a lot of low bass (not lfe).

so much depends on each person's individual circumstance w/ room (the biggy), equipment, tastes, etc. iow, what may be fine for you may not be best for another. i've found setting mine to small but w/ a

lower crossover (50hz) is the best overall bass quantity & quality mix, but that's me/my room & w/ klf-30s & cornwalls for big speaks.

do u have your sub's crossover switch on out or disable? when playing bassy 2-channel cd, is the bass quality as good when you switch to large from small? is it better yet when you put all on small & then move the crossover on denon down to 60hz or maybe 40hz?

just trying to say that where to set these is not a given & varies w/ each situation. Smile.gif also, some progressive tips on finding out what's best for one's ears/tastes. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page