Just got new RF-7 system

Dafishguy

Hi all,

This my first post to this board and I just had to tell you all that I am absolutely in love with my new RF-7 system that I just hooked up. I just watched "The Patriot" and I had to change my shorts twice after experiencing these beauties at higher volumn levels during some of the most spectacular sights and sounds I have seen on my set. I know why you all just love these 7's. As Tony the Tiger would say, "There Greeeeeat"

Take care all

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

DVD Denon 2800 (Soon to be Denon 9000)

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Welcome and nice choice!

------------------

My hodge-podge of equipment

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

Congrats and welcome to the board! Smile.gif

BTW, which color did you get the RF-7s in? Don't I just love this question! cwm32.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Hi Boa12,

Thanks for the welcome. It is fun finding new friends when installing new equipment that you become very excited about. As for the crossover on the 5803, I am still experimenting. I'm playing with all the settings to see what I like best. All I can tell you is that 7 X 170 watts absolutely rocks the house, shatters the windows and makes Mrs. Dafishguy want to take me to the marrage counsler. She said if I every play my 7's that loud again, she'll leave me... Damn I'm gonna miss her.

Take care,

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Hi Diggs and Kain64,

Thanks Diggs for the welcome, I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with the 7's, DVD's and music with the rest of you. Kain64, to anwser your question, I got them is jet black ash which appears to be a very popular choice. The reason I did this was because everything else in the system is black (Except the TV, can't fiqure that one out) and I wanted the components to disappear while I'm enjoying a movie so that I have no distractions during the experience. For the most part, this works but it sure is hard ignoring the speakers when you love them so much. Just last night I was watching Star Wars Ep 1 and the presence and stage size are unbelievable. I have NEVER heard this in any other speaker ststem I have owned, Not even my B & W 802's which I don't own anymore.

Stay tuned for many updates as I experience differant media on this incredible system.

Take care all.

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Dafishguy, that's sweet. Mine are also gonna be black. Smile.gif

Secondly, do you have your speakers set to "Small" or "Large" in the receiver menu?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Oh! And one more question. cwm35.gif

How are your surround speakers placed? On the side walls or the back wall? If on the side walls, are they in-line with your ears or slightly behind? How high are they placed?

Thanks again! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Dafishguy,

Congrats on your purchase! I know how you feel bringing these baddies home and hooking them up.cwm4.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

thanks rick. my guess it'll probably jive best at 40 or 60hz, but maybe even the old reliable 80hz standard.

if you haven't already switch out/off the rsw crossover switch to not lose any higher lfe effect. assuming you have it on the 5803 sub preout - all lfe goes to it as long as you then have sub:yes (which you have to when using the sub preout). Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Hi Kain34,

So far I have them set for large. I will be experimenting this weekend as the wife is taking the daughter camping and I get the house to myself. (Should be interesting when they come home and find no glass left in the windows). As far as I understand the principle, changing the setting from Large to Small and visa versa changes the crossover point for the sub? Is this correct?

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Hi again Kain34,

My surround speakers are mounted on the side wall about 1' behind and 3' above the sweet spot. They seem to work very well at this position. I may still do some playing around with the position to see if it makes a differance.

MooN, You're absolutely right about bringing these baddies home. Once I hooked them up and heard them, there was no way in hell they were going back to the store. Oh well, I never did like having money in the bank, seems like such a waste just sitting there when there are sooooooooo many things available to make your life well, liveable. If you know what I mean.

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

rick, guess you saw my mention of lfe above. here's a explan of LFE attached.

even though i have an adjustable crossover also (global for all speakers), i set all to small anyway. this engages the high pass crossover in the speakers & can allow them to go lower in freq. i have mine set at 50hz but i believe yours allow a step from 80hz to 60hz to 40hz.

you definitely don't want to go above 80hz, but really need to experiment between large/small & different crossover setting to see which one best works for you & your room overall. believe you can also choose between

preset large/small for dif modes in your denon. just takes a lot of experimentin & listening preferably w/ a lot off bass-heavy material for HT(5.1) to stereo music.

note that the lower you move the crossover, the lower your speaks set small will play. but whether the speaks are set large (full-range) or small, the crossover will always determine at what point the sub starts to be filtered (cut off) for low bass (but not for LFE - all LFE mixed in a 5.1 material will go to the sub only no matter what size the speakers are set or where the crossover in the 5803 is set. that's why you don't want the crossover on the rsw itself to be engaged).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 06-04-2002 at 01:52 PM

Thanks Boa,

Very interesting read that pfd. I am going to try switching the large/small setting to small tonight to see what effect it has on the lower end. God knows I need to get MORE bass out of my sub. Ya, like I need a second wife.

I believe I will learn alot from the people on this board. Thanks all for your replies and encouragement.

Take care

Rick

cwm20.gifcwm20.gif

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Welcome to the madhouse,

Congats,

I don't know if you have any pets. I have two dogs and when I crank it up they get all nervous and walk around wondering what to do, it's pretty funny.

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

Hey Dafishguy! Welcome to the Klipsch Klub!! I know what you mean. I went through something like three or four (increasingly expensive) iterations of speaker setups until I finally decided to say the hell with it and get an all Reference 7 hookup. Those speakers do indeed sound incredible. As you probably saw, I just very recently finally got my system completed and setup (although I still have to mount that rear RC-7 - will stop by Lowes and see if I can find a larger shelf kit). I bet that Denon 5803 just rocks with those 7s. Hell, I am "only" using a "mere" Denon 3802, but geez even the 110 watts per channel is freaking loud!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your setup!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

skonopa,

Times up, you lost your chance. You failed to mount your rear RC-7 in the alotted time frame. You are now required to ship it to me... cwm4.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Very cool, indeed ! I wish my girlfriend would let me upgrade from my rf3II's but it looks as though there are more important fish to fry first ( pun intended ). Seriously, congradulations on your investment, enjoy ! No other item will make such a big difference in sound than the quality of the speakers ( except the room ). How big is your ht room ? Have you experimented with positioning, etc. I found that the best sound from my rf3II's is with them approx 2 feet out from the wall and almost 0 degrees toe-in.

Rick,

Welcome to the Klipsch board and congratulations on your purchase.The RF-7's should bring many new customers to Klipsch,great speakers for a song.

And with your 5803 you should have plenty of wattage in the bank.I had the 5800 and it is probably to this day(with the 5803)the most powerful reciever made with sound quality to match its price.Another great choice the 5803.

Last the RSW15 has plenty of slam and should be plenty(unless you are TheEAR)for even larger rooms.I know I will get my own RSW15 is a few weeks(mighty impressed by the RSW10).

Enjoy your system

TheEAR(s) Now theears