Take 2 on shared files...

Mallette

With Bill's help, looks like we may have a stable place for me to put files to share. Even better, it's unlimited space for these purposes. I'll put some more stuff in there when I can, but right now there's the complete Welch organ recital, the Spankers 8 o'clock show, and a Kid Ory 78 in 24/88.2. The Ory is what I consider the definitive "Mustkrat Ramble." Seems to have been done with at single mike. Awesome clarinet and generally extraordinary sonics given it's 90 years old. I transfered it to DSD from my Empire TT which is 78 dedicated.

Let me know if there are any problems.

http://ppl.ug/vSuWYauCIHs/

Dave

Okies, guys. No more trying your patience until I hear something useful from these guys. Worked like a charm until I posted. There was a power failure this AM and when I got everything back on line it was gone.

Maybe third time will be a charm...

Dave

Why is it blank?

Try it now, kish, and let me know. Seems to have re-appeared yesterday for no apparent reason...but I don't trust it yet. It's there as of this moment at the same link.

Anybody else who isn't totally frustrated might try again and let me know. If it remains stable I'll put some more stuff up.

Dave

I've added a subfolder called "Peasant Celebration." I know you guys can't go up, but I want to confirm you can go down to subfolders.

Let me know...

Dave

PS - Files are still uploading as of the moment. There should be 19 one of which is a pdf of the CD cover. This was a commercial release of some years ago to which I have rights.

Dave

Okies, pretty well got "Peasant" straight except for 003 Allegro which isn't there and I am not ready to search for at the moment. However, if the subfolders are visible (don't forget to "F5" if you've had this open) I intend to upload most of MBS archives. Really not all that much, unfortunately, as I've not been actively recording now for 7 years. I hope to get started again soon.

Dave

• Moderators

Downloaded everything fine, really long but fine. I did have one or two with a problem when I went to burn to disc, I am almost positive it was a problem on my end because everything was fine until the burn started.

I only listened to some of it with headphones, I'm interested to hear what it's going to sound like over speakers, I think it will give the speakers a workout. [Y]

Thank you

As to burning to disk, bear in mind the organ concert is 24/88.2 and has to be downsampled. As it's an even multiple this should be fine...though, of course, some quality will be lost.

Is the new folder showing up?

Dave

Yes it even would play on the computer, it let me put in the burn list, only when it started to burn it said corrupt data or something like that.

You are speaking of the organ concert files I presume? Makes sense, as you can't burn a cd from high res files without downsampling first.

The "Peasant" folder files are CD res, as are the 8a/8b Spankers files. If you are able to see the folders I'll try to not what is high res and what isn't in the future.

Dave

• Moderators

Ever just shoot yourself in the foot, well I think I did. The disc play on the computer but not the stereo.

I looked up the model Bd player I have (Samsung C 6500 ) it does not look like it will play Wav files, of course it will play most everything but the disc I was trying to play, it does nothing after is says loading, they play fine on the computer. [:$] I have 2 other old CD players in the house but neither will play any burned Cd's.

Playback Formats
MPEG2, H.264, VC-1, AVCHD, DIVX HD, MKV, MP4, WMV9, 3GPP, HD JPEG

Codec standards that a Blu-ray Disc system is capable of playing on screen or through speakers.

MPEG2, H.264, VC-1, AVCHD, DIVX HD, MKV, MP4, WMV9, 3GPP, HD JPEG
Playback Media
Blu ray video, BD-R/RE, DVD video, DVD/DVD +/-R, DVD +/- RW, CD/CD-R/CD-RW, USB storage

Types of optical discs and digital interfaces that can be played on a Blu-ray Disc player.

Blu ray video, BD-R/RE, DVD video, DVD/DVD +/-R, DVD +/- RW, CD/CD-R/CD-RW, USB storage

Yeah, it's amazing they don't bother with basic audio files like .wav.

So, is your computer on your main audio system? If so, why bother to burn?

I have all my digital files on the computer. Much easier than physical media for those. Even laptops of reasonably recent vintage have decent DACs these days.

Of course, I still listen to more LPs than anything... Go figure.

Dave

PS - Only the organ concert files (sound1-8) and the Kid Ory 78 are high res. The rest of the files are basic 16/44.1 and should burn to CD fine if that's what you have on your main system. Today I added another folder called "Piano" with a piano recital I recorded many have found quite nice. It's CD res.

• Moderators

"So, is your computer on your main audio system? If so, why bother to burn? "

No not yet, maby one day, as close as I get to that is streaming Pandora to the bd player. The player can do that but it does not even see a Wav file. Thought about getting one of those Squeezebox things but really wanted a newer receiver first.

"Only the organ concert files (sound1-8) and the Kid Ory 78 are high res. The rest of the files are basic 16/44.1 and should burn to CD fine if that's what you have on your main system. Today I added another folder called "Piano" with a piano recital I recorded many have found quite nice. It's CD res."

They burned to CD fine, the player just will not play them, I listened to the Cd's on the computer so I know it's there.