Possible to get a new woofer?

I am very angry. I think my bro damaged my woofer on my rf-3's. The strange thing is that it isn't dented inwards but outwards, so I don't know how that could've happened. I was wondering if it may be possible to order a new woofer through Klipsch or order one through the dealer I purchased the speakers from and have them install it. Anyone know about how to go about this?? Thanks

How did it happen? Busy fingers? Too loud?

Sorry, that really sucks. Call Klipsch and ask for new ones, they should get your order going quicker that way.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I have no idea how it could happen. The woofers are rather tough and I doubt a simple accident or bump into them would cause the woofer to bubble out, I mean they are metallic and not just a paper cone. I didn't notice it when I moved them back into my room from my dorm room and I haven't been playing them since so who knows.

Do any of you know what has to be done in order to replace the woofer? I know that you can unscrew the old one, but are the wires soldered in to the rest of them? How hard would it be for a person with soldering experience, or would I be better off taking them to somewhere I know that will do a good job. I bought them from tweeter, but I don't know if they will do it, I know they do custom car audio, who knows, I am gonna stop by there tomorrow.

I know it is the case with JBL Pro, and I have heard this about the Klipsch Reference subwoofer, but you can pull the woofer at will. Hell, JBL doesn't even consider my sub a sub, rather a box and two woofers.

It shouldn't be a problem.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Most likley I would think they have clips on the end

of them that clip into the speaker. When you remove

the screws and pull the woofer you should be able to

unclip them from the woofer. I havent done this but

this is how i assume they are.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

HK AVR-510 Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

pwk.gif

R.I.P. Paul W. Klipsch THE LEGEND! 3/9/04 - 5/5/02

I am headin over to tweeter in a few to see if they can order me a new woofer. I hope that it is a simple clip design. I am thinking it's about 80-100 for a new woofer, anyone have a better quote? And it's a Torx bit that I need? Thanks for all the help guys.

dschrier,

Unfortunately, it's not quite as simple as just going to the hardware store to pick up a Torx driver. There are (at least) six different sizes commonly used - T8, T9, T10, T15, T20 and T25. The T20 and T25 are pretty big, doubt they're the ones you need.

Either buy a set with a bunch of different sized bits that can be interchanged in a handle, or call Klipsch and ask someone in tech support what size driver you need to remove those screws.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Well good news, hopefully, I just got back from tweeter and the guy told me he's never heard of the driver being bent or damaged before unless you physically try to damage it so he said bring in the speaker and they'll look at it and it might even be under warrenty! Either way I think they'll take care of it for me.

Ray, I know what you mean!!!

I wanted to take a old hard drive apart, but there were two different sizes of Torx on there. T8 and T6. I ended up at Sandy's Electronics, a very expensive, specialty geek electronics store. They had a all-in-one multi Torx wrence, it was $16, but it gace my 9 sizes, so I am Torxed for life.

ALSO:

Most tool kits with bits in them have T10, T15, T20, and T25. You might not even have to buy somthing if you find a cheap tool kit.

------------------

NO problem Klipsch techs always chime in.. This is the

best forum backed by a company and one damn good speaker Smile.gif Good luck with your speaker repairs.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

HK AVR-510 Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

pwk.gif