Sub Recommendation for RF-83 System

hotsho111

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still really like the empire but am on the fence between that, the FV15HP, PB12 Plus (and unlikely, but the PB13 Ultra too)

One plus for the SVS subs is they use real wood veneer which would be nice since the RF-83 are the same. They also have a longer (5 year) warranty vs the 3 year for the FV15HP and you can replace them within a year if you want to upgrade.

I feel like I won't use either of them to their full potential as I some close-ish neighbors but I've gotten to the point where I'd rather buy something once and be settled forever instead of needing to keep upgrading every so often.

I think I'm leaning toward getting one sub instead of a dual setup, but who knows how that might change in the future.

It's too tough!

Go with the ultra and don't look back. I am terrible about wanting to upgrade. And out of all my stuff my subs are tye one thing I never even think about upgrading. Honestly there is not a single sub on the market that I ever get even a little bit jealous of and think man what if. Plus svs bill of rights is top notch.

Man, you guys are gonna make me broke :P

I may save up a bit more and get the ultra then. For the same reason I have a $500 floor jack, never gonna have to upgrade that thing as long as I'm alive

I have a great spot I could put it but then I can't get in the room from the front door...not gonna lie, not the first time I've considered blocking the door in the name of home theater haha

2000$ or less! I don't know that their warranty transfers. I know they offer a couple discounts (military and I wanna say two others) that got me 100 off. And you can always keep an eye on their close out section. Can save a couple hundred there sometimes.

... I may save up a bit more and get the ultra then. For the same reason I have a $500 floor jack, never gonna have to upgrade that thing as long as I'm alive ...

I used to think that until I installed a car lift. It's the best $3,000 I ever spent in a shop in my life. My creeper gets a lot of rest now.

I paid 1500 for mine from the outlet special on their web site

full warranty (price was 1599 but got 5% off for return customer). I would hold

out for a deal on the outlet special one will pop up. I also got a pb12+ from

the outlet special mint condition full warranty. To me that’s the way to go. With

their customer service being top notch it’s no risk. [:D]

Man, you guys are gonna make me broke :P

I may save up a bit more and get the ultra then. For the same reason I have a $500 floor jack, never gonna have to upgrade that thing as long as I'm alive

I have a great spot I could put it but then I can't get in the room from the front door...not gonna lie, not the first time I've considered blocking the door in the name of home theater haha

We love spending your money almost as much as ours lol. [:o]

I used to think that until I installed a car lift. It's the best $3,000 I ever spent in a shop in my life. My creeper gets a lot of rest now.

Ya, once I get a house I'm definitely getting a lift. I do too much work on my car as is to not have a good floor jack at this point though. I'll get my money back and then some from the use of it anyway.

Thanks for the info to reference_head. I'll have to try contacting them and see what they say.

On a related note, am I going to need any additional equipment to get it up and running?

• 3 weeks later...