so I picked up a RSW-15

gt4play

It's the black finish, and only a couple of small dings on the edges. I paid $350 - do you think this is in the ballpark for a good deal? Aside from the minor dings, it's in excellent shape and really contributes well to the CF-4's I just brought home. Rather, this thing is borderline ridiculous and, combined with those CF-4's, will bring the house down if I don't watch it! Amazing!

Here's a question - the pre-amp signal input allows for both L and R. My receiver has a single output. Should I split that single output into both L and R, or just pick one and go with it? Should have no bearing, right?

Thanks!

EDIT: moderators, if you want to drop this in the Subwoofers section, that might be more appropriate (just noticed it.. sorry).

$350 is a heck of a deal for an RSW-15. I cannot speak for this sub in particular, but every sub that I have had with both L and R input sounded much louder if I split and used both.

Very very good price.[Y] Using a y-splitter will gain a few dB's(increases voltage gain) but so will turning the volume knob up a click or two. Either way will work just fine.

Bill

Um, sounds like you stole it at that price! $500 with some blemishes would be a great deal. Mine is perfect and I got a great deal at $750. Great find!!

I'm running a single input. When Audyssey sets it up, it wants 70db on the mic at the main listening position. I have a large room and I only turn the dial up about a quarter of the way for that calibration which gets me 70db. I adjust it from there for whatever I'm listening to. I've gone past halfway, and quickly returned to a lower setting.

Kiddo an I were watching Star Wars I the other day. Left the living room just before the pod races started. It was rattling pictures in the master bedroom. When I came back into the room, the kid was standing up staring at the TV. I put my hand on he shoulder and she jumped! Punched me in the ribs and said, "Don't scare me!! It's to loud! Turn it down!"

My ribs agree, glowing endorsement!!

Wow, I'm glad to hear it was a deal then! I knew I wasn't paying too much, but I didn't realize just how good it was.

My new home theater is in the works. My wife and I bought a single family home with a basement that's half finished, half unfinished. It's the unfinished side that needs work before I can really put this equipment to use. Talk about pure motivation! :)

Grats on your RSW-15.

I am in the same boat right now...I have work to do on the basement before I get to set anything up. I can't remember being this motivated before.

You come over and help me and I will come over and help you, it always goes faster with two. :)

You know those bumps and bruises on the finish really destroy the sound quality. The surface waves on the cabinet travel conversely with the obtuse angles of the transverse molecules. That Sub listed for over $1,800.00. My crummy 12" was only $1,200.00 out the door.

JJK

Once autocalibration has been done and the sub has been balanced with the rest of the speakers,do not adjust the gain on the sub during music or movie playback. This may throw off the system. Use the avr's channel leve adjustment to raise or lower the sub. It is also ok to set the sub level higher than 1/4 gain when setting up the system. The autocalibration program will attenuate the signal for the correct level, but never set the sub gain higher than 3/4 to keep from stressing the amp.