And Then I Said...

My home is surrounded by lawn and garden manicuring fanatics .These people are nuts. I live on a couple of acres but my neighbors are close enough where I can here and see them all carry their passion for greenery to new unheard of limits. I swear they must go around dispensing medication with eyedroppers from bottles of chlorophyll to every blade of Kentucky blue they think might be suffering from mower shearing stress after calculating the sun exposure the lawn might get following an extensive measuring process of each green little sprout requiring a micrometer for satisfactory results. These people mow all day and all NIGHT! We all know of people who change the oil and spark plugs in their riding mowers a couple of times a summer. These people have to change the headlights on these machines once a week.! Between the headlights, spotlights and search lights they use during their nocturnal yard buzzing exercises my backyard looks and sounds like a prison break from a Lawn-Boy factory. Although they like me a lot better than the last person that owned and built my house. This guy was a real peace of work. He was a helicopter pilot who owned his own whirlybird. One classic story about him is he used to land his machine in what is now my backyard. Well one year during the Fall the neighbors called the FAA dogs on him after he decided to land his chopper right in the middle of one of their weekend long leaf raking festivals. I heard it was a sight to behold. Leafs , rakes and future compost heaps flying in every direction. I didnt take me long to figure out why the Smiths and Jones called me the NEW nut that lives next door. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I introduced myself to them by using my bands 10,000 watt P A system. ATTENTION PEOPLE OF EARTH !!! IM YOUR NEW NEIGHBOR !!! he he he.

BBB - ROTFLMAO!!! I can just envision the nocturnal search-light assisted party, as well as the chopper landing. I would have paid to see that!

Reminds me of my neighborhood in NY where I lived as a boy. Minimum 1 acre lots, and EVERYONE had a lawn tractor with headlights, and with daylight savings time those manicuring sessions went late into the evening, I assure you. Everyone also had the same brand of tractor (Simplicity - wonder if they are still around?). Anyway, we used to call it the Simplicity Serenade, which was a weekend long event.

Being the kids we were, we took great delight in taking pot shots at them from the roof of our house with low-powered BB guns ("You're gonna put someone's eye out with those things!!") as they rode around.

Ahhh, the joys of summer. Around here, the sound of mowers is replaced by the sound of rakes grating across the gravel "yards" and endless buzzing of leaf blowers, which start up at 5:30AM. We don't get no respect.

(Sorry for the OT post.)

Doug

------------------

My System

my neighbors where i used to live were crazy. we lived on acres and acres of land, no lot in our neighborhood under 5 acres. our neighbor moves in and puts up a fence similar to what you would see at fort knox. they 'love' the wild life and put out all kinds of feeders and leave out table scraps for them, but when an animal that was not to their liking came for a nibble,... BAM! they shot them. yeah, they were crazy. oh yeah, their house was in the shape of a Y and had rooms made for just puzzles, just Betty Boop, just license plates, etc. crazy house.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Are these Klipsch MCM's?

FT1.2FLOWN.gif

So, the ultimate concert loudspeaker? Smile.gif I'll take two! haha. what are the specs on these? cost?

what is the best Klipsch speaker ever made? why am I asking these questions? i dont't know... but i hav ebeen on the phone with stupid Verisign.com for over an hour and things are not looking good... need a site i built launched by tonight because tomorrow it will be premiered in three magazines and a nationwide radio show but the site will not be launched till monday because of verisigns delay, they are 5 days late!... WHY DO THE DOMAIN GODS HATE ME?!?!?!cwm33.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

ok, that was the wrong smilie.cwm31.gifcwm45.gif

what a waste of my 7000th post haha... but i hate editing Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

No, Justin...those aren't MCM's...go to 2-channel audio section and look up "Engineeer Jim and the MCM 1900"...is a pic in that thread somewhere...

Klipsch still sells updated version called MCM Grande...is a theater speaker...have a pic of it on the website.

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-07-2002 at 06:20 PM

quote:

Originally posted by HDBRbuilder:

No, Justin...those aren't MCM's...go to 2-channel audio section and look up "Engineeer Jim and the MCM 1900"...is a pic in that thread somewhere...

Klipsch still sells updated version called MCM Grande...is a theater speaker...have a pic of it on the website.

This here?

DCP_2759.JPG

and the recent one is this?

186_medium.jpg

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

So it's not Father's Day but the man is having a cook out with his sons and grandkids in the backyard. I started by cutting my backyard grass. Then after about 20 minutes Sheila came out to say that she wondered why I was mowing and that then she figured it out. She took the handle of the mower from me and began to finish the yard! Yea, Sheila!! After that was done she started to mow the rear most part of our yard closest to the same neighbor's yard. Gotta love her.

In unison I began to play in the house Pink Floyd's "One of These Days" and am currently playin' "Dark Side of the Moon". Gee, should I just put that on 'repeat' and leave for a few hours while pointing the speakers out the windows? lol

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

"A blade of grass over there just committed cell-division! " A pound of paraquat will do an acre for about $7. Then buy him some treated solids (fertilizer) from the local sanitary sewage plant and next year he will have 40,000 tomato plants.