Quartet Update

littlebug

I Have Quartet Speakers That I Would Like To Change Out The 10" Woofers And Replace With Klipsch K-22 EF 12" woofers To See If It Would Sound Better With Low End Bass And That Would In The Front And Leaving The 12 Passofffs In Back As Is.

The Quartets Are 8 ohms & 100 Watt, What Do I Need To Wereee About .

Sorry For Bad Spelling My Spell Checker Is A Sleep.

Thanks For Any Info

Cheers

Tim From Mi.

I am sure that can be done but it would require cutting a larger hole as you know. May I suggest you adding a 2-channel amp or multichannel amp with better bass drive before you permanantly alter your Quartet's.

I may be selling a very "minty" 2-channel amp that I know will do the trick. How do I know, because the same amp did the trick for me with my Quartet's and RF-63's.[;)]

Bill

Thank For The Info Bill & Nice Set Up's You Have.

I Know I Would Be Cutting A Larger Hole Thats No Big Thing To Me Just Looking To Try Something Dif. My Denon Dose A Great Job. It Has 130 amp Pre Channel For A Multichannel amp. I Just Need Some More Info On

KLIPSCH K 22 HERESY 12" If They Would Work OK With My Quartet Crossovers.

Sorry For Bad Spelling My Spell Checker Is Sill A Sleep.

Cheers

Tim From Mi.

I installed KLF20 woofers (which are ten inch) in mine and added 2.5 ounces of dead weight to the passive units to re tune them. Bass is amongst the best I have ever had. If you go to a twelve you are likely going yo get less bass as a twelve will require more cabinet volume. Why dont you simply start off with adding some passive weight and see if that gets you where you want to go? The KLF20 woofers will require you to open up the woofer rebate with a router. Best regards Moray James.

PS: modified the Quartet had better bass than my stock Forte ll.

I do not have the space for a pair of Cornwalls.

I was talking with a klipsch tech and a said i mite put a 12" woofer out the back and that's with the 10" woofer in frount all so he said thats some thing to think about they never tride that. he said wire them so that when one is pushing the other is pulling.

If i do that it may work out, They want me to email them and let then know what happens.

P.S.

Sorry for the spelling my spell checker is at work

why don't you start by adding 2.5 ounces of dead weight to the passives. You can use a couple of large steel flat washers simply glued in place on the centre of the inside of the passive. This will re tune your passive to a lower frequency and provide deeper bass frequency extension. This costs almost nothing but a little time. See if that makes you happy before you start buying more woofers. Unless you were to use a woofer which has a very low Vas and a very low Fs you are not going to get deeper bass than what you have to begin with and could likely end up with less bass extension. If you want the bass to extend lower in frequency you need to re tune the passives and or get a woofer with a lower Fs. As I said my modified Quartet played lower than my Forte or Forte ll. It would likely be easier and less expensive for you ro sell your Quartet's and buy a pair of Forte or a pair of CF4 or KLF30 and they are almost the same size footprint, something to consider. Or you could buy a couple of used subs. Hope this helps. Best regards MorayJames.