My favorite place to hear music......years ago....

dtel

• Moderators

The Riverboat President, it was a really fun place to hear live music and if the weather was not really bad you were cruising on the river at the same time. You could walk out on the decks and still listen to the music, I wish it was still around, it was a great time whoever was playing. There were some big names and very reasonable prices, something like this today would probably have outrageous prices.

I have been to places that maby sounded a little better (the Warehouse) but NONE were this much fun.

It was just one BIG party which started way before you got on the boat. [:P]

Check the link to read the story and see the list of musicians, you will be surprised at the names.

http://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2009/11/remembering_the_riverboat_pres.html

post-11804-1381980303323_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

It was a really fun place to go, it did not make a difference who was playing, it was going to be fun.

Thinking back now I wished I had went alot more, I don't even remember it being advertised except by radio station DJ's. Most of the time we didn't know who was playing until we were almost on the boat, but it was cheap enough that most didn't care, it was just a big party with possible a great band ?