K-Horns Bass

Forrest,

I kinda figured that...definitely one with little or no real life experience in doing anything much, anyway...other than maybe reading alot!! My kid brother used to do that...follow me around wherever I went and be a general nuisance...but he grew out of it by the time he was 6 years old...I guess it takes some people MUCH longer to out-grow being a general nuisance!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-21-2002 at 12:27 AM

Again, I really am not asking for supporting documentation on the Klipsch wall, please don't skirt the issue. I also am not interested in what PKW did to test his speakers. I am asking for supporting documentation for your claim of a better wall, which I presume is a better wall than even PKW spec'd out. If you can't support it with proper testing procedures and documentation, then your claim is Bullsh*t right?

it is PWK not PKW Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

And just who instilled the "He who gets the last word in, wins" art of debate into you?...LOL! C'mon, Soundjunkie....you can do it....you know you really want to...come up with something for that "Last Word", now....don't be shy!!!! HA HA!Smile.gif

------------------

Soundjunkie,

No, I don't "dance and skirt", I just laugh at you...as do many others...but...

I also, in the past week, have written postings explaining how to build and modify speaker cabinets, given historical "insider" info on the company, told a few stories, and answered any questions I could for those who have asked them (some of which were asked directly to me). And I was happy to make a few worthwhile contributions.

Just what have you contributed to this forum in that same time-frame?

I think we all have seen what your only "contributions" to this forum have been, of late.

Have a nice weekend. Smile.gif

------------------

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-22-2002 at 09:40 PM

quote:

Originally posted by HDBRbuilder:

No, I don't "dance and skirt", I just laugh at you...as do many others...but...

I also, in the past week, have written postings explaining how to build and modify speaker cabinets, given historical "insider" info on the company, told a few stories, and answered any questions I could for those who have asked them (some of which were asked directly to me).

Just what have you contributed to this forum in that same time-frame?

I think we all have seen what your only "contributions" to this forum have been, of late.

Have a nice weekend.
Smile.gif

Excellent work, glad to see testing procedures is not part of your recent dabblings. cwm20.gif

Soundjunkie,

I will leave the testing up to "MIT grads" who have nothing worthwhile to contribute to serious forums, ok?

Happy now? Smile.gif

Tomorrow is Sunday...if you are Christian, then please pray that you can come up with a worthwhile contribution for this forum soon.

I will add my prayers to yours!

Again, have a nice weekend! Smile.gif

------------------

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-22-2002 at 10:58 PM

It is comforting to know as an Orthodox Christian that GOD is on your side too. If I pray hard enough perhaps one day he will take the time to email me as well, or send an instant message, to lend his support in any position I might have to defend here. He is a good and loving GOD. Peace be with you brother. cwm35.gif

GUYS GUYS GUYS.....

In the midst of the above sqwable, I think you all missed one of Gils observations....

""Room size and dimensions may have a much greater influence. The bad news is that you can't do to much about those items.""

Room dimensions are probably THE MOST overlooked audio component. Especially when you are using Khorns.

The thing you have to remember is that when sound waves travel they cycle over and over again. When they bounce back to your sweet depending on your room size, they CAN cancil out its own frequency, or harmonic frequencys depending on the distance traveled. This phonomonon is called a NULL frequency.

The real goal is to design a room with the least amount of nulls.

In the dope from hope articles The "Golden Mean" rule is reference as an optimum for Khorns. This works well in listening (2 channel) rooms, but is fairly unpracticle for modern HT.

I have designed about 40 listening rooms in the last 15 years. some with false corners, some in natural corners. If planned properly, both sound excellent.

Khorns in an engineered room are an audio orgasim.

It is hard to put a set of Khorns into an existing living room as many a frustrated Khorn owners can attest. If you do, I would suggest using a false corner so you can adjust to your sweet spot as HDBR has pointed out. Also - Khorns sound better in larger rooms as a general rule.

FYI - What I have found is that Khorns sound and image the best at a separation distance of 22 feet apart. Avoid going less than 15 feet in natural corners. And over 24-25 feet in natural corners, the imaging suffers, evan though the frequency responce is still very good.

If you every get a chance to build a new house and you own Khorns, have a room designed to make the most of your Khorns. You will be GLAD you did.....

JM

This message has been edited by j-malotky on 06-22-2002 at 10:59 PM

I don't have any squabble, because I already know what I can do in building a false corner...and my ears have already heard the results of false corners I have built in the past. My EARS are my testing booth equipment. They give me no graphs, or charts, or anything else that I need to prove what the results of my handiwork have been or can be in the future. Just like I don't need graphs and charts to prove that I can build a very nice home(as a matter of fact I don't even need an architect's plans). Neither do I need graphs and charts from testing to know that if speakers performed best made of concrete blocks or drywall, then manufacturers would build them that way. Pretty simple to me!

But, then again, I have actually DONE these things, not just studied graphs and charts from testing all my life.

I have also spent considerable time redesigning architects' and engineers' working drawings so that something can actually BE manufactured at a profit, because many of these plans were totally unfeasible to utilize the way they arrived for manufacturing prototypes to be made-up from.

Not only that, but my 5 years experience as a pattern-maker in an iron foundry taught me much about how INEXACT the "exact" science of mathematical probability is in having a casting come out right based solely on those probabilities...that is why patternmakers UNDERSTAND that metallurgy can't be figured on a slide rule...and are able to make the subtle adjustments in patterns and rigging in order TO MAKE IT COME OUT RIGHT!! And I ALSO UNDERSTAND how worthless charts and graphs of testing are in other things, too...including speaker performance, because nobody lives in an anechoic chamber!

I have always said to let your ears decide....and I still do!!

As I overheard PWK say more than once: "As soon as they finish with all those tests, we will listen to that speaker and see how it sounds." Smile.gif

------------------

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 06-22-2002 at 11:39 PM