Cragislist App for iPhone suggestions?

Youthman

I've always been a huge fan of Android and their open source code. Now that I have an iPhone I miss being able to dl and drop any old file I choose onto the phone. But the iPhone has had superior user functionality and convenience, so far. It always bothered me that I had to have multiple app killing apps on my droid, seemed redundant and terribly ironic. But if I didn't the speed would suffer. Not enough oversite on Android apps and there affect to performance. My two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've scored many sweet deals because of a craigslist app.

Well, after using the cPRO Craigslist App for the iPhone, I can officially say it's crap. LOL

It hardly EVER notifies me of a new post. My android app I was able to set to check every 15 minutes for new postings. That's how I have been able to score so many great buys on CL. Do I have to actually load the app and leave it running continuously for it to stay active in the background? Didn't have to do that with the android phone. Maybe it's just different.

I just check Craigslist in the morning, at lunch and at night. I have also been going to local pawn shop, today I found some RB-61's for $299 and they said they could sell them for $199. It's good to hear that I am not alone with my Kliosch Craigslist obsession. Haha

• Moderators

It's good to hear that I am not alone with my Kliosch Craigslist obsession. Haha

I just looked at my Android phone and I had the Craigslist App set to check every 5 minutes for new postings for my saved searches. I guess your obsession doesn't look so bad now huh? [:P]

hey youth make sure in your notifications you have it set to push and set the time as close as possible. mine sends me stuff as soon as it posts. i picked up a brand new harmon kardon avr 1700 today with a set of quintets for 350$. not a steal but a pretty good deal. moving it along to a buddy in january.

I just check Craigslist in the morning, at lunch and at night. I have also been going to local pawn shop, today I found some RB-61's for $299 and they said they could sell them for $199. It's good to hear that I am not alone with my Kliosch Craigslist obsession. Haha

not sure if you bought those rb-61's but if you didnt and they are gen 4, not the new ones and were in god shape you should hook me up cause i could use a pair for either heights or width speakers. trying to keep the 6 inch woofers all the way around. let me know K5SS

• Moderators

hey youth make sure in your notifications you have it set to push and set the time as close as possible.

This is my first iPhone. Can you elaborate on how to do that? I went to Notifications>Craigslist and it says Notification Center "On", Show 10 recent items. Badge App Icon "On", Sounds "On" and View in Lock Screen "On".

I don't see where you tell it to "Push" or where to "set the time as close as possible".

Ah I just noticed that's only in the mail option. I just make sure the app is open and I seem to get stuff at least every 15 minutes. You can try going to settings then mail and there should be an option for how often mail gets pushed. I lave it on push so it checks constantly. Maybe that will make a difference. I know since I have had cpro, my battery lasts about half the day. Used to last two whole days. So maybe that will help.

• Moderators

I just make sure the app is open and I seem to get stuff at least every 15 minutes.

I think that was part of it. I shut apps down to preserve battery life...didn't realize that prevented it from sending notifications. I'll keep it running and see if that helps.