Cragislist App for iPhone suggestions?

Youthman

• Moderators

A friend of mine gave me a 32 GB iPhone 4S today since it was just collecting dust after he bought the new iPhone 5. I've always owned an android smartphone and have used Cragislistnotifica to alert me when new items are listed for certain search criteria.

Any recommendations for the iPhone? The only one I have found that provides notifications is Cpro +. Just wanted to ask around before purchasing the app.

• Moderators

Don't think I will be getting rid of it. He even hooked me up with a case that is a battery backup for the phone. If the phone battery gets low, I push and hold the button on the back of the case and it recharges the battery. [:D]

I just purchased an iPad 2 a few days ago as well so I'm loving how they both sync with each other via the iCloud.

• Moderators

You really are the fastest gun in Florida huh?

I have help....[:P]

I just check Craigslist for stuff every few hours.

Unfortunately, with that method, you will miss a lot of the crazy deals. They often don't last but an hour or so. I was searching through this forum for iPhone craigslist apps and found a thread where a guy bought an RC-7 for $20 because the guy "upgraded" to a BOSE system and didn't need the RC-7. Buyer had an app. There is no way he would have scored that type of deal without an app.

Didn't know you could do notifications.

Craigslistnotifca (for the android) works great. Not sure if you can even download it any longer. It gives me an audible alert when a new listing for "Klipsch" is posted in the three local areas I have assigned to it. I have the settings set to check every 5 minutes which is the lowest setting. It often doesn't notify me immediately...sometimes it will notify me of a listing that was posted over an hour ago.

• Moderators

I was just about to post that the one thing I don't like about the app is to remove ads you are not interested. I just restarted the app and a tip popped up saying to hide a listing, double tap it. :) Instant notification and ability to hide unwanted ads, should work great for my needs.

A friend of mine gave me a 32 GB iPhone 4S today since it was just collecting dust after he bought the new iPhone 5. I've always owned an android smartphone and have used Cragislistnotifica to alert me when new items are listed for certain search criteria.

Any recommendations for the iPhone? The only one I have found that provides notifications is Cpro +. Just wanted to ask around before purchasing the app.

Don't ever tell your friend that Apple has a buy back program on their website that would have given him a gift card for a couple hundred, lol. Would have got him that iPhone 5 for free. Anyways, I have a couple diff CL apps but the user experience got old real quick for me. The screen was just too small to comfortably surf around on. With that said, the notifications can be super helpful as already noted. The one I enjoy the most is Craigslist Times, it looks like a newspaper and has some neat tricks like highlighting and circling ads with your finger, just like you used to do with a pen. There was other stuff I liked about it too, just don't remember right now as I haven't used it in a while.

• Moderators

Trev, since my friend is in IT, my guess is he got his iPhone 5 for free. Just a guess though. Either that or he just doesn't care about the money part and is just being very generous. Either way, I am very grateful. [:D]

Does the Craigslist Times allow for notification or just browsing listings?

Trev, since my friend is in IT, my guess is he got his iPhone 5 for free. Just a guess though. Either that or he just doesn't care about the money part and is just being very generous. Either way, I am very grateful. Big Smile

Does the Craigslist Times allow for notification or just browsing listings?

Good stuff. I don't believe that it can do notifications, at least not the free version that I have. I've only paid for three or four apps over the years. Most of the time I can get what I want out of the app with the free version.

• Moderators

Don't you know when you go Android you will never be satisfied with less.

I have always owned Android phones and so far, my iPhone 4s has been a significant improvement for my needs in features, functionality and interface with other components. Not saying the iPhone is for everyone.

I have always owned Android phones and so far, my iPhone 4s has been a significant improvement for my needs in features, functionality and interface with other components. Not saying the iPhone is for everyone.

Really? How old was your Android phone? Just curious. Is the Craigslist app as good on the Iphone? We are all just so Apple fatigued here I guess. I have an Ipad & Zoom tablet. Itouch and latest purchases are two G3 Galaxy phones. My brother has the Iphone 5 and he wishes he had bought the G3. His Iphone 5 won't even do call waiting properly and Apple cannot seem to get it working? Gotta love some competition!

• Moderators

Really? How old was your Android phone?

It wasn't the latest/greatest by any means. It was a Motorola Cliq2.

Is the Craigslist app as good on the Iphone?

The iphone craigslist app isn't working as I had hoped. It notifies me of new listings but then when I click view, it doesn't take me to that ad. The other thing I don't like is you have to "hide" or "collapse" ads you are not interested in as opposed to actually being able to delete them from the list.

We are all just so Apple fatigued here I guess.

I've always been the last one to jump on board with just about anything. When everyone was wearing Nike, I was wearing Reebok. LOL I'm a slow adopter and RARELY ever jump on any bandwagon.

Gotta love some competition!

Competition is what helps companies to strive to make better products. If they can't, they will quickly be left behind.