Klipsch RC-62 version 1 vs RC-62 ii

raz84

Hey guys I just got a great deal on a Klipsch RC-62 version one that is discontinued, they were saying that the first version is a bit better than the second. I have never auditioned these two side by side, and I noticed their high frequency crossover numbers are slightly different.

Does anyone have any experience with both versions of this centre channel? Is there quite a noticeable audible difference between version 1 and 2?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum. I have not heard the 2nd version of the RC-62 but the RC-62 is a very capable center. If you got a sweet deal and you really like it, I wouldn't worry about the II version. Sadly, if you are already asking the "what if" question, this forum will not be of much help. These guys love helping spend other people's money. [:P]

Welcome to the forum. I have not heard the 2nd version of the RC-62 but the RC-62 is a very capable center. If you got a sweet deal and you really like it, I wouldn't worry about the II version. Sadly, if you are already asking the "what if" question, this forum will not be of much help. These guys love helping spend other people's money. Stick out tongue

lol never

I appreciate all your input guys. Thank you for the advice. To my surprise and not a good one, there is definitely something awkward with this centre speaker (hence the low price). I tried the RC-62 then shortly after auditioned a RC-52 (since they didn't have the RC-62 to demo) in an authorized retailer store which actually sounded far clearer at all volumes especially low volume. I tried the RC-62 on my NAD 757 amp on its own (with other speakers off), the same with the in store one as well but the higher clarity struck me in store. The RC-62 (the good deal one) sounds like a blanket had been placed on top of it, everything sounds muffled including the horn. Compared to the horns of my RF-82's there is a gigantic difference in crispness and clarity compared to the centre channel. The one in store sounded much closer in clarity to the RF-82's. Another alarming bit I noticed is the tag on the back of the speaker where it should have the CE, barcode and such a small plain white sticker rather then what I've seen on most of the klipsch speakers.

The in store amp was an Onkyo a bit less powerful than my 757. I wasn't looking much for the volume but rather the clarity rendition which was quite different to my surprise. They were both auditioned on the same music as well to get as close as possible. Was hoping to get away with a good deal but I don't think this is the case :(.

I currently have the RF-82ii's as floor standing speakers paired with the NAD 757 so a nice centre like the RC-62 would be a perfect addition! :) First or second version!