Man cave getting some big screen...

mustang guy

It might be cool to get the tv so you can pull it up above the screen and then lower it when you want to use it. How do those big subs handle that size room? (I bet its awesome sounding)

They keep up at any volume level. The problem is that they only saturate the front half of the room. The LaScalas are crossed over at 55hz, which give some musical bass in the back when I am working in that area. For movies, the front half is all that matters. One of these days I will deal with the back, but for now, it is way more than adequate.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I haven't seen this after the first couple of post.

That looks great, I love the space being big enough to give the speakers a little power and sound there best. With loud explosions do you get a little echo, in a space that big it might sound realistic with a little echo from other areas?

Very cool................remove the sofas and take the wife to the drive in on the weekend, indoor drive in, you may have the first. [Y]

Very nice, and room for the whole neighborhood. [Y]

I haven't seen this after the first couple of post.

That looks great, I love the space being big enough to give the speakers a little power and sound there best. With loud explosions do you get a little echo, in a space that big it might sound realistic with a little echo from other areas?

Very cool................remove the sofas and take the wife to the drive in on the weekend, indoor drive in, you may have the first. Yes

Very nice, and room for the whole neighborhood. Yes

I did have one of the cars with the top down sitting behind the seating. I was surprised that I could still hear the front center speaker perfectly even through the windshield. With 3 convertibles, I can seat 10.

[:)]

• Moderators

Since it's such a big space and kind of industrial, what about a couple fans on remote to make a breeze and a couple of misters by on remote to turn on at appropriate times in a movie, real effects. [:o] People would be in shock if during a rainy scene it got windy and misty.

In know it's crazy

People would be in shock if during a rainy scene it got windy and misty.

In know it's crazy

That's my kind of theatre....[~].......That reminds me of one time while watching the movie "The Crow", it was raining and lighning..I put on a rain coat, waterproof pants and rubbers(rain boots), pointed the TV towards the back porch and watched the movie in a lounge chair on my porch in the rain.....It was great!!.....[st]

• Moderators

That's my kind of theatre....Movie.......That reminds me of one time while watching the movie "The Crow", it was raining and lighning..I put on a rain coat, waterproof pants and rubbers(rain boots), pointed the TV towards the back porch and watched the movie in a lounge chair on my porch in the rain.....It was great!!.....Storm

That's crazy,........................................................................................ I like it, we would get along great.