Replacing Fortes with RF 82 2's

Monster_the_Josh

Yep.... breaks my heart to do this but my wife likes the skinnier tower look so I'll be getting some RF 82 2's next week. (RF 7's would be great but they are slightly large for my room and the added expense won't fly) From what I've read, the 82's can't quite give the lows of the Fortes and the build quality isn't quite up to the Fortes either. I'm curious to try a couplre side by side comparisons. Most of the reviews I've read on the 82's have been very positive. I'm slightly concerned about the mid range but I do have a nice center channel.

Anyone around here tried a comparison of the 82's and a set of fortes?

I'm not read to get rid of the fortes though, they will live in storage until it warms up and then its out on the 3 season porch!

Hey Josh, welcome to the Klipsch Forums, we're glad you are here! [<:o)]

It's always important to keep the wife happy, but I'll hand it to you for not getting rid of the Fortes. You'll love them on the 3 season porch! thumbup.gif

I've never compared the "82's" with Fortes, but I think you'll be fine.

Dennie

• Moderators

Yep.... breaks my heart to do this but my wife likes the skinnier tower look so I'll be getting some RF 82 2's next week

Better not get fat ! [:o][:P][;)]

It could be alot worse, at least you don't have to get rid of the fatties. [H]

Yep, keeping the Fortes so all is not lost.

I've had the 82's for 2 days now and am actually pretty impressed. I've had them crankin' music and movies a good 12 hours or more. The bass output is impressive, I turned my sub off and can barely tell the difference. Granted its a cheap sub and I had it turned pretty low to begin with. They definately boom more than the fortes, at least the way I have them set up they do.

I am a satasfied customer!

• Moderators

Yep, keeping the Fortes so all is not lost.

Kind of looks like a gain being able to keep the forte's. [Y]

There have been story's here of people selling there favorites to get something smaller to please the wife, we have seen MUCH worse. [:'(] These people usually don't stick around long, probably not allowed to if the Truth was known. [:-*]

You must have picked a good one . [;)]