What makes a belle supposedly better for a center...

boa12

I wouldn't think that it makes a difference sonically. The Belle looks better, though.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

PWK developed the Belle to satisfy his own WAF factor at home (his first wife's name was Belle). It is basically a dressed-up LaScala, but it is also compromised, with a shallower depth and narrower mouth mid-horn lens. Its Bass bin horn allows for a smoother transition of its folds than that of the LaScala, though.

Just look on the Belle as a pretty, and much more expensive, version of a LaScala...because that is what it is.

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Boa

Im glad to see that I am not the first person here to comment on the LaScalla being the prefered Center Channel speaker over the Belle. So I won't be the first one flamed tonight!!! LOL.. The reason is very simple, the scalla uses the same midrange squawker.

True that PWK prefered the Belle for a MUSIC center fill in speaker, but that was before HT. In a HT setting, IMHO, I prefer using a K400 midrange over the K500 in the Belle to be used as the center speaker of the mighty Khorns.

The Belle is a much sexier speaker and easier to look at over the ugly duckling LaScalla. But in HT, I would hope you are looking at your screen, if not you need to start watching more interesting movies. LOL.

JM

Q-man said:

"The LaScala is a better sounding match for the

K-Horns, because it uses the same midrange horn. The Belle is more of a compromise, it's mid. horn is closer to the Cornwall."

That's good to know, Q-man, I'm planning to purchase a Belle to be the center channel in my HT. It's good to know I'm on the right track. I'll be upgrading from an Academy.