Amplifier to pair with my Pioneer

Guest Teresa Wright

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s not a terribly big room but was a decent sized one as a designated theater room only. I have since put up 5 acoustic panels from ATS (love them by the way) and I have always loved the large 83s. Are the RF-7’s not a good choice for my other speakers and room size etc?

If you like the look of large towers and have lived with the 83's, you will be fine. Some of the people on these other forums think all amps sound the same and like smaller systems compared to this forum. Wait a minute, I am getting off the subject, lol.

This was thee response.

" Your old Klipsch are a rather large array of drivers. It takes a minimum amount of distance for the output of the array to blend into a cohesive front. Your room's dimensions have you fighting against this. As far as Klipsch and your room go, I think the KL-650 THX would have been a more sensible choice originally"

Now 2 650s are a choice but what center would compliment them a 650 center wouldnt work lol

Unless I mounted 3 KL650;s on that angled piece of wall above the TV? Would anyone suggest doing this perhaps? I could then mount the center above the TV the Left and right on the same plane above the tv just above where the RB81s sit. I could do that but not sure how that would sound. I have access behind all the walls in this room thankful. Anyone think this would be a good idea? Please look at the pics I posted to get an idea of where the LCR would be placed if I were to mount them on the front wall.

Wow this has me thinking now. I would get rid of the RB 81s altogether if I were to go this route. And put 2 additional ATS panels in their place.

This was thee response.

" Your old Klipsch are a rather large array of drivers. It takes a minimum amount of distance for the output of the array to blend into a cohesive front. Your room's dimensions have you fighting against this.

If you were sitting 6 feet away like Youthman's son is from his RF-7's, I would agree with this statement but at 13 feet, I can't agree.

Bill

• Moderators

My seating position is 11ft from the front wall. Even when I bring my RF-83's out from behind the false wall (which brings them a few feet closer), they still sound fantastic. I don't think the RF-83's are too small for your setup.