Sweet spot for the corns

SBinLilRock

I've had my cornwalls for almost two months now. When I got them I really didn't have an ideal place for them--kind of had to force them into them room. They sounded great. The room is 18'x19'. I had them about 14' apart against the 19' wall. This was working ok--not great. I couldn't really toe them in and the sweet spot was on the opposite side of the room from my favorite spot on the couchicon_thumbsdown.gif

So, I did some rearranging. Now the corns are in corners about 18' apart pointing right at me about 18' away. I gave them a good listen last night. They sounded spectacular. I think the corners improved the base a little too. The vaulted ceiling goes up from the wall the cornwalls are on and continues up all the way to the opposite side of the room where I sit. The opposite wall is also an open wall. It kind of gives them an amplitheater effect. They are where they are gonna stay now.biggrin.gif

Sad news is the night ended with my amp crapping out. Not sure what happened. It was late and I had a few brews so I just went to bed. I'll start on that problem today.scratch2.gif

post-58335-13819827716422_thumb.jpg

Got to love stacked Cornwalls. Had the rears in my HT like that for awhile. Any interest in trading your black grills for a pair of OEM Klipsch cane ones so your pairs match? I had an all cane Heritage speakers setup and then changed it, I sold the black grills that came on my Cornwalls when I purchased the cane ones. Now they are the only speakers with cane grills. One has a couple of very minor flaws and some glue residue where the previous owner placed the Klipsch badge in the wrong spot at the bottom of the grill.

I have some photos of them in this thread:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/135127.aspx

Let me know if you have any interest. Thanks

• Moderators

Nice looking room, I like the way it looks. [Y]

One question are they angled in a little to much or is it just the pic, almost looks like they are pointing to the middle of the room ? just wondering

Nice looking room, I like the way it looks. Yes

One question are they angled in a little to much or is it just the pic, almost looks like they are pointing to the middle of the room ? just wondering

\

Yea, I think they are just a touch. I was trying not to steal too much of the window. Wife accecptance factor of the corns is not thru the roof. She loves the way they sound, but she wasn't too happy with rearranging the room (it'll grow on her). I adjusted them a little already.

I just redid my room(22'x25' but one side is open into the kitchen) yesterday(cornwalls) because the sound had gotten raspy, I moved my speakers from about 20+' apart @ 45º to about 13' apart (listening position is about 14') and flattened the angle out so that the speakers point to a position about 3' behind the LP.

the sound has gotten a lot better.