Denon AVR-3805 - Display won't stay lit on unit ?

Awsom71

After just purchasing my AVR-3805 and getting everything setup yesterday ...one of the things I'm not fond about is the display on the front of the unit goes out after 2-3 seconds after a function was performed or volume was turned up, etc. I have looked through the manual twice and can't find anywhere where it explains how to enable the display to stay lit and not turn off.

Anyone have one of these awesome sounding AVR's with the same issue ?

Is there a setting I just can't figure out or find ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Butch

i don't know anything about Denon but on Pioneer receivers it has a dimmer button for the front display. 3 positions full on/medium/off

its usually on the remote with one of the numbers 0-9 buttons.

can't find a 3805 anywhere on the website

I have the same receiver. The only time my display turns off is in pure direct mode,any other mode should keep the display lit. Try pressing the "mode" button on the front panel and choose "auto" then try pressing the "standard" button, that should bring it out of "pure direct" mode and keep the panel lit.

I guess I would try a factory reset. You will lose all your settings but worth a try.

With the power off you need to press and hold the "Pure Direct" and the "Direct" buttons on the front of the receiver and keep holding them in at the same time, then you would turn the power on while still holding those two buttons in. Once the unit turns on and you see and hear it turn on you can let go of the two buttons you have been holding in. Your receiver should now be reset,

I guess I would try a factory reset. You will lose all your settings but worth a try.

With the power off you need to press and hold the "Pure Direct" and the "Direct" buttons on the front of the receiver and keep holding them in at the same time, then you would turn the power on while still holding those two buttons in. Once the unit turns on and you see and hear it turn on you can let go of the two buttons you have been holding in. Your receiver should now be reset,

That should do it, if not it's broke.

That should do it, if not it's broke

I 'm gonna have to agree unfortunately.

I would try contacting the person you got it from and see if they are aware of this. Maybe they can help but if the reset doesn't work I am doubtful anything can be done on your end.

That should do it, if not it's broke

I 'm gonna have to agree unfortunately.

I Ihave this AVR and after reading what has been done so far I am going to agree with Fish...If it's still functioning properly except for this malfunction then it would be something I would live with unless you paid too much for an 8 year old receiver

I paid $320 for the unit with shipping cost included($60.00)

I haven't tried the master reset yet like Gnote suggested ...only because it took quite a bit of time to go through the complete system setup program. If it gets to be a pita for me and I have the extra time - I'll give that a shot.

Other than that I like the unit very much ...it definetly has enough *** for making my Belles sound great.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it !

I actually suggested this model in the other thread when you bought the Belle's and asked for suggestions.

When you had an issue I felt somewhat guilty for suggesting the Denon, but I really feel the 3805 sounds great with the Belle's. Actually it sounded great with my KG5.5's as well.

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy this combo as much as I have