Clipping?

Joe Shmoe

I Just bought the Emotiva XPA-5 along with the UMC-200.

When in use, something is (I want to say clipping) but I don't think that's the right term, because it happens at low volumes. I lose sound for a split second, almost like switching inputs. Each time I get the blue outlined Emotiva DTS or Dolby box comes up on the screen.

I have checked all inputs and am at a loss as to what could be causing this?Any ideas?[:^)]

I have posted it there as well, but I didn't want to disregard any help from you guys [;)]

From what I am gathering, it might be the HDMI cable. I have checked and double checked the connections, but it still persists. I will have to try and swap them out. I can't believe the problem is the HDMI, after all it's a Monster... [8-)] lol

I Just bought the Emotiva XPA-5 along with the UMC-200.

When in use, something is (I want to say clipping) but I don't think that's the right term, because it happens at low volumes. I lose sound for a split second, almost like switching inputs. Each time I get the blue outlined Emotiva DTS or Dolby box comes up on the screen.

I have checked all inputs and am at a loss as to what could be causing this?Any ideas?Huh?

I'm using a UMC-200 and haven't had an issue like that.

I'm rather green when it comes to this pre/pro stuff, so I can't really say much except throw out a few ideas.

Your using a Emotiva amp...are you using the trigger feature to power up the amp from the pre/pro? If so, maybe increase the input sensitivity of the amp, though I doubt that's it.

You can increase the input gain from the source with the pre/pro, maybe that's causing the pre/pro to drop out...maybe not. If you lose sound for a second, and the unit powers back up, it will return to the last mode it was on before...maybe that's why the DTS/Dolby box comes up on the screen.

I really have no clue. ;p

The only issue with mine is when I watch videos from youtube or some such and have the unit set in "all stereo" so the subwoofers are on, and then select another video, the unit will always go into direct mode and bypass the subwoofers. I have to switch the unit back into "all stereo" manually from the remote to get the subs going again.

It doesn't happen when using analog inputs, but will with a blue-ray dics playing previews...and then you have to set it back to "all stereo" when the feature plays.

It could be I'm not doing something correct, or connected wrong, as I'm new to this.

OTOH, I love the control I have with the pre/pro. I turned off all the speakers on the pre/pro except the L/R mains and subwoofers, set it for "flat" and run the subwoofers at 50/60Hz...sounds good to me.

Mike