Do the new Klipsch speakers sound better than the old ones?

GotSomeSpeakers

• Moderators

Welcome

I can't say I have not heard them, it would be like may of the other models some do some don't. I can say the Icon your looking at or any of the new models will probably sound better than you think once you get them home and set up.

You can take a model 10 years old and a new model and they will have somewhat a similar sound, every Klipsch speaker I have heard has more in common than not with there sound. To me the big difference is the higher and bigger you go in the different lines the more refined and bigger the sound gets.

I would get the best you can afford, after hearing the smallest like the Quintet's to the giant models you can't go wrong, they all sound good when set up properly.

Also the models your looking at is sold at BB, look online for better prices and models, just make SURE it's an authorized dealer.

It's really a matter of subjective personal preference. I love the sound of vintage Heritage Klipsch speakers. My fave, but it's a personal thing. There are others who prefer Ref series and others. The newer lines of speakers look really sleek and cool too and the sound is very good, too. I gave my son-in-law a pair of RF-7's and he loves them in his HT and music room.

One thing about buying the older Heritage line, if they are 20 or more years old, they will need or soon need to have the crossover capacitors replaced to sound their best. The old caps will drift off spec over the years. It's not an expensive proposition to replace the caps. It can be done diy or turn key. The speakers may sound OK with the old caps, but most are delighted with the difference in sound. New caps essentially restore the speakers to factory spec. And they sound very good right out of the factory!

I bought my first set of synergys about 20 years ago and still own them to this day. Since then I have had quintets, more recent synergys, kgs, and now heritage. The best thing I can tell you is they put out what you put into them. The most changes I've made in my systems over the years is my source. Some for the better and some not so good. I have quintets still in the bedrooms. These work well in smaller rooms but they once did fill a large living room with just a little added power. I have la scalas and synergy set up in my tv room. They both sound good, but different from each other. The synergys are great for when you want the house to shake, the la scalas are perfect for when I want to sit down and enjoy something smooth and listen to all the detail. No matter which way you go with klipsch It's always nice to sit down after a long day and enjoy some horn therapy