Sub question...again

Hutch1814

So after I bought my SW-112 I don't really have much use for my PDR-10 except a some what decent looking game informer collector. Would I notice anything or make my system sound some what abnormal or bad by hooking a Y-adaptor to the back of my receiver and running the 2 subs at once? Or would this cause too much of a difference in the frequency in the room with them being totally different spec sub?

yeah, i dont think i'd recommend that. first, your subs are different, which might cause issues. i've heard of others having trouble trying to match two subs in the same room but it can be done. now your subs are differernt, and again, its been done.

if you wanted to try something for fun, i'd run them as independant subs. one left and one right. just my .02 cents.

Well I tried for giggles. Totally killed what bass I had. I'm assuming they're different in phase and the PDR-10 doesn't have a switch on the back to change it so it is what it is, I tried going in the corners next to the towers and well, lets jut say I tried it. Case closed, guess ill be trying to find another use for this old thing. If the grill was in better shape I'd try selling it considering it still sounds decent but my dog about 8 years ago got in to the grill when I was gone trying to eat the emblem off the front and really did a number to it. Needless to say I ended up using glue on the bottom of the fabric and making it halfway decent

my dog about 8 years ago got in to the grill when I was gone trying to eat the emblem off the front and really did a number to it. Needless to say I ended up using glue on the bottom of the fabric and making it halfway decent

Sounds like my border collie when he was teething as a puppy. Got into everything, just couldn't stop chewing on things.

yes out fo phase, you might want to try different locations in the same room. ie move your subs around.

Or stack them.

The biggest problem with dissimilar subs is in calibration. If you calibrate the small sub to keep up with the large one, you'll overdrive the small sub. If you calibrate the larger sub to the smaller one, you're underutilizing the large sub.

Ill just let it sit in the front of the living room until I decide I what I wanna do with it. Maybe a garage sub? Who knows, I've been tinkering with the idea of making a complete game room (video games, I'm a huge gamer) and using it. It don't sound bad but don't that great either

swap the connectors on the woofer that will give you 180 degrees of phase switch, you can't push enough air in your room with just one sub Best regards Moray James.

if that's too much fuss then just turn the sub around so it faces the opposite direction and you still get 180 degrees of phase shift.