WTB Klipsch Forte I or II FOUND

bizzle2525

Just sold my Cornscalas to a gentlemen from the forum due to financial contraints[:(] Now I guess I will need a pair of budget speakers to fill the void until I can get back on my feet in the future. I would like a set of fortes at a decent price, preferably in black if at all possible. I have had them in the past and for the price, there a pretty decent speaker in the Klipsch line.

Thanks PM me with what you have or reply here. Or if anyone knows anyone in the Upstate NY area or someon who is willing to ship, thanks so much!

dont discount the posibility of the KLF20 or the CF3 if they pop up. The klf will require you to upgrade from the poly tweeter diaphragms to at least phenolic or ti as a best choice. Either speaker will push much more air than a single 12 will (about 1.5 times more) and both have better horns with the CF3 being the king of the heap horn wise. Happy hunting. Best regards Moray James.

Thanks moray, really set on the fortes for now. Waiting on another member whos friend has the forte II's with ALK crossovers and the titanium tweets. But still would like to hear if anyone is willing to part with these as I am kind of getting the itch being without any speakers for the past few days after selling my cornscalas. Please let me know...

Don't forget that Klpipsch sold Forte parts in the Tangent line up I think the Tangent 500 and 5000 have the same or very similar parts. Klipsch site has all the data on then you will need to know same horns drivers and woofers. I would check the tweeter diaphragms to make sure they are not poly and switch out if they are, everything else should be the same. Check them out because they sell for a fraction of the Klipsch version. Cabinets were a little cheaper but that is a dirt cheap easy fix if ever there was one. If your budget is tight they will provide what you long for on a real shoe string. Good luck hunting. Best regards Moray James.

Toolz, pm returned..

Moray I actually had the tangent 400's before I purchased the Cornscalas so I am familiar with the line. Was a nice sounding speaker, basically same as the Heresy II with some decent bass(39Hz or so) but the cabs were very thin and weak that was the drawback. I almost built another set of cabs out of MDF or birch for them but ended parting them out on ebay for the Corns. Tom thanks for the heads up.. I am in upstate NY not all that far from Conn. Maybe I will keep an eye out Craigslist. I hope this pair comes through for me but still have not heard back that is why I am putting out feelers. What speakers do you recommend in that price range Tom? Or anyone else for that matter? Like I said I am looking forward to some Fortes expecially the ones that are possibly in line, but am open to suggestions, looove bass and the clarity of Horns!! thanks guys.

I actually am purchasing the ones listed above tomorrow with ALK crossovers, damping,Crites titanium tweeter. Very excited about this purcahase. I have asked a question about staining the veneer on the two channel audio forum if anyone has any advice or time to read over it. Thanks to all those that helped!

Glad to hear you found a pair of forte II. If you replace the squaker or mid diaphrams, to titanium used in the Klipch K-53TI driver you will notice the same improvement in the mids that the titanium diaphragm does for the tweeter.

If you go that route buy the entire driver and diaphragm. At the time I purchased this way from Klipsch, only about $5.00 more than just the diaphragms themselves. This way you end up with a spare set of midrange drivers as well.