Which do you perfer, Good midbass or low bass subs for HT/music

derrickdj1

Carl was the first one to mention the kick drum which is a useful metric that everyone can use. I hear the term speaker accuracy tossed about on various forums and most of the people have no ideal what they are talking about, lol.Roll-eyes

I haven't heard a sub yet that can accurately reproduce the sound of a gun shot at close range or a Top Fueler under power, both sounds of which I am highly familiar with.

Roger

I haven't heard a sub yet that can accurately reproduce the sound of a gun shot at close range or a Top Fueler under power, both sounds of which I am highly familiar with.

I don't know that's a tricky one, gun shots sound pretty real in my room and I shoot a lot! I ***** shoot and target shoot both. I think it's a nice blend between the RF-7s and the Empires when it comes to gun shots in my room. Gun shots cover a lot of range in sound, the sub is only part of it. If you have Open Range on Blu-ray, they have very real gun fights. That's an awesome movie IMO for both entertainment and demo purposes. As for a Top Fuel dragster, I don't think I have seen any nicely recorded material to test it!

Carl was the first one to mention the kick drum which is a useful metric that everyone can use. I hear the term speaker accuracy tossed about on various forums and most of the people have no ideal what they are talking about, lol.Roll-eyes

Roger

I've yet to see one that could reproduce a space shuttle launch either if you're strictly talking dB's. I don't think you'd want something that loud in your living room. My system will however reproduce each of those sounds accurately al a lesser dB than if you were standing right next to them, in other words, heard from a safe distance as not to blow out your eardrums.

Roger

I've yet to see one that could reproduce a space shuttle launch either if you're strictly talking dB's. I don't think you'd want something that loud in your living room. My system will however reproduce each of those sounds accurately al a lesser dB than if you were standing right next to them, in other words, heard from a safe distance as not to blow out your eardrums.

That's what I'm saying, nobody can reproduce the sound of my .44 at the end of my hand in dB at that frequency and until they do accuracy is a mute point to that extent. I can reproduce accurate vocals louder than concert, I want the same in my bass reproduction.

Roger

I don't know that's a tricky one, gun shots sound pretty real in my room and I shoot a lot! I ***** shoot and target shoot both. I think it's a nice blend between the RF-7s and the Empires when it comes to gun shots in my room. Gun shots cover a lot of range in sound, the sub is only part of it. If you have Open Range on Blu-ray, they have very real gun fights. That's an awesome movie IMO for both entertainment and demo purposes. As for a Top Fuel dragster, I don't think I have seen any nicely recorded material to test it!

Vital,

I own open range and it has the best blasts that I have heard but to say you can reproduce it at the sound level of the end of a shotgun blast I say BULLPUCKY!!!

Roger

Vital,

I own open range and it has the best blasts that I have heard but to say you can reproduce it at the sound level of the end of a shotgun blast I say BULLPUCKY!!!

I must have misunderstood what you meant, you are correct, I wear ear protection when I shoot and it would be a little absurd to need it in my theater room as well. I just meant it is reproduced accurately at the db it's played back at. I never meant to suggest my system will reproduce the sound of my AR-10 .308 at 156db lol.

Vital,

I must have misunderstood what you meant, you are correct, I wear ear protection when I shoot and it would be a little absurd to need it in my theater room as well. I just meant it is reproduced accurately at the db it's played back at. I never meant to suggest my system will reproduce the sound of my AR-10 .308 at 156db lol.

Vital,

Do you own an Armalite??

I want something that will rattle the membranes of your eardrums just like a pair of Top Fuelers under power or hurt your ears with ear plugs if I so choose. People have reached those levels in Auto competition but not with what I would considder fidelity and forget about it in the home.

Roger

Yes I have an Armalite AR-10, Wilson Combat 6.8, Just Right Carbine AR-45 and two nice "Noveske" lowers I'm about to build out into a 300 blackout and the other into a .223. Pistol wise I have a Nighthawk Predator ".45acp", Dan Wesson CCO".45acp", FN 5.7, Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm with Viking Tactics sights, two Sig Sauer P238s and a Walther P22. I also have a few shotguns, my favorite being my Saiga 12 with 20 round drums. I want a big nasty pistol, my neighbor has a few .50 hand cannons lol. Smith & Wesson has a few nice revolvers I would like to have, one being The Alaskan Backpacker, I think it's a snub nose .44 mag. Another I would love to have on my night stand is their Governor with Crimson Trace laser grips. It's like the Judge by Taurus but holds one more round and is made better. It can hold .45ACP, .45 Long Colt or .410 shotgun shells. I like the idea of being able to reach over and grab that thing in the middle of the night and just point the laser in the direction of the doorway at 4am and fire off six rounds of .410 buckshot/slugs at an intruder if I had to lol. Ahhhh, I love guns almost as much as I love my audio/video hobby.

You're right about car audio, my buddy is into the whole competition thing right now actually and he's hitting 159ish if I'm not mistaken with two 15s in his Dodge 1500. The box is huge, he took out the whole back seat. I would imagine TheEar can hit that kind of bass in his house.

Yes I have an Armalite AR-10, Wilson Combat 6.8, Just Right Carbine AR-45 and two nice "Noveske" lowers I'm about to build out into a 300 blackout and the other into a .223. Pistol wise I have a Nighthawk Predator ".45acp", Dan Wesson CCO".45acp", FN 5.7, Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm with Viking Tactics sights, two Sig Sauer P238s and a Walther P22. I also have a few shotguns, my favorite being my Saiga 12 with 20 round drums. I want a big nasty pistol, my neighbor has a few .50 hand cannons lol. Smith & Wesson has a few nice revolvers I would like to have, one being The Alaskan Backpacker, I think it's a snub nose .44 mag. Another I would love to have on my night stand is their Governor with Crimson Trace laser grips. It's like the Judge by Taurus but holds one more round and is made better. It can hold .45ACP, .45 Long Colt or .410 shotgun shells. I like the idea of being able to reach over and grab that thing in the middle of the night and just point the laser in the direction of the doorway at 4am and fire off six rounds of .410 buckshot/slugs at an intruder if I had to lol. Ahhhh, I love guns almost as much as I love my audio/video hobby.

You're right about car audio, my buddy is into the whole competition thing right now actually and he's hitting 159ish if I'm not mistaken with two 15s in his Dodge 1500. The box is huge, he took out the whole back seat. I would imagine TheEar can hit that kind of bass in his house.

I have a Steyer AUG an Armalit AR-10, a Rock River in .223, a Russian Dragonov, two AK-47s, a Browning Automatic Rifle in 7mm Rem Mag, a Ruger M-77 in 7mm Rem Mag, a Steyer of Austria in 7 mm Mauser, a remington XP-40 in .22-250, a Browning Citauri, an 11/87 Remington *****, a winchester red label, three custom Ruger 10/22s, a Israeli Arms Desert Eagle in .50 AE, a .475 Wldey, a Ruger Red Hawk in .44 mag, a remington XP-100 in 7mm benchrest, a Sterling Arms .22, a chinese semi auto in 7.72 by 25, and a savage .22.

I also hand load for accuracy.

What happened to the ear anyhow, haven't heard from him in a while.

Roger

I have a Steyer AUG an Armalit AR-10, a Rock River in .223, a Russian Dragonov, two AK-47s, a Browning Automatic Rifle in 7mm Rem Mag, a Ruger M-77 in 7mm Rem Mag, a Steyer of Austria in 7 mm Mauser, a remington XP-40 in .22-250, a Browning Citauri, an 11/87 Remington *****, a winchester red label, three custom Ruger 10/22s, a Israeli Arms Desert Eagle in .50 AE, a .475 Wldey, a Ruger Red Hawk in .44 mag, a remington XP-100 in 7mm benchrest, a Sterling Arms .22, a chinese semi auto in 7.72 by 25, and a savage .22.

I have been looking at KIDD 10/22's for awhile. My buddy has a sweet 10/22 with an internally suppressed barrel, that thing is sweet. Quite the collection you have there!

I have been looking at KIDD 10/22's for awhile. My buddy has a sweet 10/22 with an internally suppressed barrel, that thing is sweet. Quite the collection you have there!

I've had cusom triggers in my 10/22s, Volquartsen triggers, and by far the best is the Kidd.

Whos internally suppressed barrel is he using on his 10/22??

Roger