Surprise Klipsch speaker

Shodrewken

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to my friend tonight and he said they do have occassional auctions and said there are some great finds, however, most of them are duds. LOL. He said they have a long process of paperwork they have to go through before the items in the unit become their property to dispose of how they wish. He said he would let me know if he finds any Klipsch or other high end audio gear. Never hurts to ask. Who knows, he might call me saying, "Hey Michael....we have a really large pair of Klipsch speakers that are missing the back so they might need to be repaired." Youthman smiles as he walks away with a free pair of Khorns. Big Smile

Walking away like that with k-horns would be the most awesomeness score ever! This sub impresses me more every day. My wife and I were watching zero dark thirty last night and she even commented on how good the gun fire and explosions sounded. After we got done watching the movie the wife asked me what I was gonna do with my other sub, and honestly I don't know. In our tiny place the rsw-15 digs more than deep enough for our needs, so I might be considering selling my HSU VTF-3, well see. I know my avr doesn't have dual sub calibration, and what's more I've read it's more difficult to calibrate two different brand subs in harmony with each other as opposed them being like subs. Be it as it might I'm gonna give it go calibrating them the best I can. Anyone have recommendations or tips on doing so?

• Moderators

Strangely enough, once I bought my RSW-15, I didn't feel the need to turn on the Velodyne HGS15 so it sat unused for several months until last week when I traded it for some B&W DM604 S2's.

Even stranger, I did contact a gentleman selling a Velodyne DD15 (basically same as the HGS15 but with room correction and a calibration mic) about trading his sub for Custom Website Design and he replied that he might be interested. We shall see. [:P]

I know my avr doesn't have dual sub calibration, and what's more I've read it's more difficult to calibrate two different brand subs in harmony with each other as opposed them being like subs. Be it as it might I'm gonna give it go calibrating them the best I can. Anyone have recommendations or tips on doing so?

Don't try to calibrate them together for music, the RSW-15 is more than enough and most likely exceeds the HSU for most recorded music. Leave the HSU off until it's movie time and then let them both roar.

Bill