2 RF-63 Cherry for sale in mint condition

bvlaw

Truly mint condition, purchased new in August 2011, from a dealer in Wisconsin that was dropping the Klipsch line. The speakers have been used very little and look the same as they did when I purchased them. These were purchased for use at my lake house and I'm selling because I'm not using them enough to justify keeping them around. If you're not familiar with the RF-63, these were made in the U.S.A. with real wood, before Klipsch started producing almost everything in China using lesser materials. A very quality speaker.

$1,200

Local pick up only in either Coldwater, Michigan or Toledo, Ohio.

Thinking about it, dont wait on me tho, really prefer RF-83, also this could get me in trouble with 'She who must be obeyed'. only an hour or more drive too, wonder how much an improvement from my current set up this would be, and will my center channel suck now ?

wonder how much a improvement form my current set up this would be?

Without being insulting to your system, huge difference. I bought a pair of RB-35's new on closeout at Sound Advice and an RC-62 and it sounded pretty darn good. Two weeks later, I found my cherry RF-63's local on c-list for $1000.00 and hooked them up and without hesitation, boxed up the RB-35's and returned them to Sound Advice. Sales rep asked if anything was wrong with the 35's and I respectfully said no, and informed him of my RF-63 purchase. He completely understood but as a good salesman, tried to get me to keep the 35's as surrounds. I said no way because the 'She must be obeyed' would never let me put those big speakers on the wall.[;)]

Funny thing is I own another pair of RB-35's and am using them in a seperate 2-channel rig.

will my center channel suck now ?

Well[:|], let's just say the RC-35 is no match for a pair of RF-63's. I did use an RC-62 with my 63's for quite some time and it sounded pretty good but was easily trumped when I got the RC-64. IMO, the RC-35 is not even 75% as good as an RC-62. Of course it won't hurt to use the 35 for a while but search day and night to find an RC-64.

Bill

Thanks for info, and no offence taken. I like these 35's, and they are still like new, but book shelf was all I had room for when I got them. Now I have more space, and a better processer and want better speakers (dont we all) gonna be hard to get a center to match the older system...

I have only had my Cherry 63's for a couple of weeks now but I am growing more attached to them everyday. They are a HUGE step up from my beloved RF3's. I literally waited over a year to find a local pair of mint 63's, totally worth the wait. Good luck with the sale!!

Thinking about it, dont wait on me tho, really prefer RF-83, also this could get me in trouble with 'She who must be obeyed'. only an hour or more drive too, wonder how much an improvement from my current set up this would be, and will my center channel suck now ?

Steve Sells- you are more than welcome to come and take a listen to the 63s. My next door neighbor works in Fort Wayne and I think his trip is less than an hour.

Thank you for the offer bvlaw, but I must pass for now. I can not spend anything until after we get the wifes jeep back from the shop. It is getting at least a partial overhaul, not sure of the total bill for that either yet. (full over haul quoted at 2,500, but may be less) She might hurt me if I spend money on "Fun" now [:'(]

This seems to be a wonderful, very helpfull group of people here, I am so glad I found this forum. When I get finances in order I will post here first.