Nothing Like A Little Boundry Gain For OOOOMMPH In Movies

willland

I worked half a day today and got caught up on some stuff around the house and found some time to "tweak" my main system for better HT duty. I had my Quartets in the front corners(seperate 2-channel rig) and decided to move both my RSW-10d and B15 subs to the corners sitting parallell to the side walls each about 8 inches off front and side walls.

Popped in some fast punchy bass CD's just to make sure I did not totally screw things up for music and then one of my top reference BD's for LFE, Flight of the Phoenix. WOW![:D] Even at my main seating position at 10 feet center room I was not only hearing the LFE, I was totally feeling it for the first time in that seat.[li] I'll have to run Audyssey MultEQ XT again to smooth things out a bit for music but my HT experience has moved a bit closer to where I want it to be.

I demoed a cherry SVS SB13 Plus subwoofer with a pair of KLF-30's in Jacksonville this weekend and was so impressed with the sound, impact, price, and condition that I most likely will purchase it very soon. The seller gave me his word that he would take the ad down(which he did) and hold it for me until I can get the $$$(who does that?) and would meet me half way between Kissimmee and Jax for the exchange. If and when I get it, I'll place it in the opposite corner of my Revel B15 and move the RSW-10d closer to my listening position.

Bill

Hey Bill that what make HT fun, playing with the subs. That boudray gain near the corners can get you 6-9 db, wow. that is a lot more power and efficiency from the subs. That SVS in the system will be off the hook! Those KLF 30's for 2 channel will give the RF 63 a run for the money. I have only heard them once but, I was so impressed with them, I would not hesitate to grab a pair.

It's amazing when you just move the speakers you have around and get a totally new experience from your system. Nice that you found some new "good vibrations". I need to do more research on room acoustic dynamics or whatever the h&LL it's called. Or just do like I have been doing and spend hours moving my speakers around in small increments. It's a PITA!!! I have been really wanting to hear a pair of KLF-30's. The guy you are dealing with sounds like a good guy for holding those for you. I read a lot more stories on people closing the deal, and then being snubbed later that day or the next by someone who is closer or some other such cr@p. You will have a nice sub combo though....jeez...........On a different point my father and I were in your part of town a few weeks ago to pick up an RV from the Cruise America RV place across from the DMV on Orange Blossom and Osceola prkwy......We took it to the 12 hours of Sebring.

Those KLF 30's for 2 channel will give the RF 63 a run for the money.

I am sure they would but not buying the KLF's, they were not for sale. When I called the seller about the SVS, I told him that even if we don't make a deal on the SVS, I would at least get a chance to see and hear a pair of KLF-30's for the first time. He said come on over.

Let me tell you, those things rock.

Bill

The guy you are dealing with sounds like a good guy for holding those for you. I read a lot more stories on people closing the deal, and then being snubbed later that day or the next by someone who is closer or some other such cr@p.

I spent about 2 hours at Gregg's house and we talked audio/video and about kids. Top shelf guy that said if he gives his word, he means it. He even said if things just don't work out for whatever reason, no hard feelings and he will just relist the SVS. Either way, I got to listen to a pair of KLF's and an SVS sub for the first time and I met a new friend.[Y]

On a different point my father and I were in your part of town a few weeks ago to pick up an RV from the Cruise America RV place across from the DMV on Orange Blossom and Osceola prkwy.

That is about 5 miles from my house.

We took it to the 12 hours of Sebring.

Sweet. Did the Audi's dominate again?

Bill

Ah ha, just the SVS is the speaker your lookin at buying.......Well I hope you can get it....[Y]...Never heard an SVS. I've been trying to avoid subs so I can focus on getting better sound quality from my fronts....Lookin for an amp......And a x-over rebuild with some new Titanium for the tweets and mids.

That is about 5 miles from my house.

There is like the mother of all tupperware facilities near you. When we were driving by I thought it was a government building or like the Orlando U.N headquarters. That was quite a surprise to see tupperware on the sign.......never woulda' guessed.

Sweet. Did the Audi's dominate again?

Of course they did.....it's actually getting a little boring. When there is no other diesel competition from Peugeot, it feels like a very undramatic victory overall. I was paying more attention to the other classes and their rivalries, along with everybody else. But I did meet Audi's engine builder Dr.Baretzky. He engineered the race winning diesel engines.....All of them!!...He is single handedly one of the most race winning engine builders in history. I was standing in front of him near the winners circle. When the AUDI drivers received their trophies, a huge roar lit up behind me......I was standing in front of the whole d@mn team without realizing it.

• Moderators

I read a lot more stories on people closing the deal, and then being snubbed later that day or the next by someone who is closer or some other such cr@p.

Bill has experienced that on a few occassions himself.