Got my first "real" Klipsch Reference system.

blake_mooney

My GOD, I am simply blown away by these speakers. I used to have the Klipsch RSX-5 system (Cinema 10)

The system I got is the following:

Klipsch RF-3 ii for mains

Klipsch RC-3 ii center channel

And Klipsch RS-3 ii surrounds

Dual Klipsch RW-12d subwoofers.

What amazes me, is I only ended up paying $190 for the actual speakers, and $500 for both subs.

I always wait for deals to pop up where if/when I decide to sell something I'll always be able to at least break even. You definitely won't have any problems there! Nice score and congrats on the huge upgrade!

Wow great price. What a score. Dual 12s is my desire. My latest catch was very nice 5.5s for $120. I always smirk when knowing I have made money from all the systems I have had. I think I'm up about 2k now, and the current set up could still be sold for a fat profit! Not that I would let it go though. Enjoy the power and emotion!

Thanks for all awesome responses fellas! :) I honestly am so impressed I couldn't foresee ever upgrading. I will however, be buying a brand new RF-82 system for my father in law, just to help support Klipsch. :) My father in law has an all Linn speaker system that cost him $1400 PER SPEAKER. I hooked up my new Klipsch Reference system to his gear and he was visibly sad and in awe. We couldn't find any advantage to the Linn speakers. We used all the same gear, same speaker placement, ect. He said he was absolutely speechless at the Klipsch quality. :D That made me feel pretty awesome about my purchase.

Well checking craigslist electronics obsessively as I do today, I saw Klipsch center channel. So i called him up, $200 for a RC 52ii. Ok had to have it. Get over there an hour later to his smallish apartment and he has RF 7s and the whole room amped up with Klipsch speakers. Told him it must be hell to live here with all this gear! He also had a pair of KS 14 surrrounds that he wanted 100 for. So I offered 250 for the center and surrounds and they are in perfect condition. My first reference line speaker! The RC 52 is on amazon for 369 right now, so I feel alright about it. Plus the KS 14s as a bonus. I spent an hour dialing it in with my CF3s and it meshes pretty good, just does not have the size/volume to match perfectly. I'll mostly use it for movies anyway. It is a great sounding speaker though. Tested it with Avatar quick and it seemed to carry the center audio weight with ease. This guy is also selling mint looking RF 7s for 2k if anyones lookin'.