FS:Denon DVD-2930CI **SOLD**

Rick

Here's one for a music lover out there:

A brand new Denon DVD-2930CI universal disc DVD player. I picked it up as a sealed, NOS unit. I opened it up to test out to make sure all functions work properly, and to take photos. This thing will play just about any optical disc out there, with the exception of Blu-Rays. It has a very good, solid build quality, and sounded very good in my testing. I played everything from SACDs, DVD-Audio discs, HDCDs, Redbook CDs (all through the 2 channel analog outs) while testing. The only thing I was not able to test were the HDMI and Denon Link audio outs.

Highlights:

• digital video upconversion
  • selectable 480i/480p/720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI digital interface (separate adapter available for TVs with DVI input)
  • selectable progressive-scan mode for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
  • Silicon Optix Reon-VX50 10-bit video processor
  • Noise Shaped Video™ reduces noise in the video signal
  • 8MB buffer for quick layer change
  • PC-compatible format scaling (VGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA)
  • digital bass management (selectable low-pass crossover)
  • SRS Virtual Surround
  • AL24 Plus sound processing
  • HDCD decoding
  • lip sync correction
  • 3-block, 3-layer design
  • Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding with 5.1 analog audio output
  • HDMI version 1.1
  • Denon Link digital output passes Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-Audio, and SACD signals to compatible Denon receivers
  • optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
  • 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video, 480i/480p component video)
  • RS-232C port for third party controllers
  • detachable power cord
  • plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW, and DivX® (version 6.0) discs
  • plays SACD, DVD-Audio, CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 and WMA CD-R & CD-RW
  • plays digital picture CD (JPEG), Kodak Picture CD, and Fujifilm Fujicolor CD
  • remote control
  • dual, discrete 216MHz/12-bit video DACs
  • dual Burr-Brown PCM-1791 192kHz/24-bit audio DACs
  • 17-1/16"W x 4-1/16"H x 16-7/16"D
  • Weight 16.8 lbs.

The original msrp of this unit was $849. There are currently two new ones on ebay for $695.00 and $699.99, and a refurb for $349.99. My asking price is $345 INCLUDING SHIPPING, to the Continental US Only. Payment by Postal Money Order (my preferred method) or Certified Check only please.

It will be shipped in the original box (and double boxed as well), with the power cord,remote, batteries, Denon Link cable, and manual.

photo DenonDVD-2930CI003_zps076623d8.jpg

photo DenonDVD-2930CI016_zpsb6b601eb.jpg

photo DenonDVD-2930CI021_zps9d870b9d.jpg

photo DenonDVD-2930CI022_zps386e014d.jpg

Folks,

Denon CD and universal players have always been top shelf and this DVD-2930CI is no different. Build quality is great and they are very reliable. Even if you have no use for the video features, CD and SACD playback alone with this player is worth Rick's asking price. If you do take advantage of video playback, the Silicon Optix Reon chip is still one of the best DVD upscaling chips out there.

Keep in mind, this Denon player is 99% brand new.

Rick, good luck with your sale.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the plug... This really is a great sounding unit. While the Marantz universal disc changer I picked up on Craigslist yesterday sounds very good, the Denon clearly sounds better. I did a mini comparison yesterday between the two units, playing several tracks from the same stack of SACD/DVD-A/HDCD/Redbook CDs on each machine, and the Denon sounds a bit more musical and refined, with seemingly tighter bass...

If I were not currently unemployed, I'd hang on to it for my own use. Anyhow, I have it posted here and on the Polk forum, and if it doesn't sell over the weekend it'll go on Audiogon on Monday. I am certain it will sell easily there...

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a "rating" set-up on "Garage Sales" for sales between forum members so I thought I would leave a quick note. Received the Denon very quickly, the unit is in as desribed condition. Rick is a very good seller and very quick to reply to questions. I'm very pleased with the purchase and I wouldn't hesitate to use Rick again!