Dual RSW 15 subs

wstrickland1

I picked up another RSW 15 for a good price and plugged it in this morning. I wasn't expecting as much as I got. Two of them together is more than twice as good as one (if that makes sense). It really is unbelievable how much smoother the bass is now.

Congrats on another RSW-15! Two is always better than one! [:P]

• 4 weeks later...

Budman - very sweet pics :)) My 2 cents:

I have 2 dual 18" subs in my main room (old Madison amps Prof Audio gear, but I think the company is pretty much out of business). I also bought 2 old Behringer single 18" subs. The 2 18" Bs stacked = MA dually. Placement is very important - if you can play around with the sub location - with stuff as large as mine are, I was very limited in this.

NB - I was told by multiple folks that unlike the rest of a system, the subs should be added per the cubic volume of your room or space and how sonically soft or hard the room is. In my 16 x 40 x ~14' sloped ceiling main room, I usually only need to run a single MA (front) dually or the 2 stacked Berhingers (mid left). Another friend has a homemade cannon: top end 15" driver in about a 3-4' long cylinder. With his ?butt shakers added to his couches, his stuff is even better than mine. His room is L shaped. In a roughly 15' cubed bedroom, my single RSW 15 is more than enough to rattle the windows in my old French Quarter apt. I do have another 15" ELT sub of slightly larger overall size, but due to some "hum" I haven't used it yrs. The 2 15" subs were too much for the bedroom anyway.

Also keep in mind folks that the subs should sonically match the rest of the system. I think this is where the "fertilizer" occurs in many audio conversations. They should also not overpower the other speakers, unless yoiu specifically want a bass - heavy system, like I do. When I added the Velodyne SMS base equalizer system, I later pulled it out, as I wanted far more bass than it would allow by matching the sub to my main speakers. My bedroom system easily hits 100 db on the Rat Shack SPL meter.

Another New Orleans audio club member, and our President, has 2 small ?8-10 subs in front his main speakers. All of his speakers and subs are from different manufacturers. Yet they are incredibly well sonically matched. (Maybe that is why is he is the President).

In the end, nothing else matters if you are happy. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Love (and jealousy) from NOLA :))