F/S (maybe) Klipsch RF-83s and RC-64 Cherry

wbroshea

Lighten up. Are you kidding me? It was a joke. Are you going to tell Amy? Ha! Who would even say something like that? Get over yourself. How exactly did that trash your beliefs?

You can choose to stand for something, or lie down to everything. I stood up when I saw my personal beliefs (being a democrat) having mud slung at them. Would you retract/change your words, ever, if you felt in the right and ok with what you said? Michael edited/removed his own words after some reflection on the situation. Being the bigger person? Perhaps. I don't mind read so I don't know. As stated, I believe Youth to be a man of great character and typically pretty darned funny. A misstep on his part with respect to bringing political beliefs into the convo? Well, it offended one person (me). "Get over yourself" ....I have nothing to get over. I'm comfortable being me and having the beliefs I have/saying the things I do. I wont apologize for that. I will however apologize for this becoming a distraction from the OP's request to get a price range for his future sale. In summation, I value people and their personal opinions/beliefs, and their right to stand up for them but perhaps this isn't the best arena for that. This is an audio forum last I checked. If you don't value my rights that's fine, your choice.

maybe you should look into a DIY soapbox project, there certainly aren't any for sale in this forum... ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighten up. Are you kidding me? It was a joke. Are you going to tell Amy? Ha! Who would even say something like that? Get over yourself. How exactly did that trash your beliefs?

You can choose to stand for something, or lie down to everything. I stood up when I saw my personal beliefs (being a democrat) having mud slung at them. Would you retract/change your words, ever, if you felt in the right and ok with what you said? Michael edited/removed his own words after some reflection on the situation. Being the bigger person? Perhaps. I don't mind read so I don't know. As stated, I believe Youth to be a man of great character and typically pretty darned funny. A misstep on his part with respect to bringing political beliefs into the convo? Well, it offended one person (me). "Get over yourself" ....I have nothing to get over. I'm comfortable being me and having the beliefs I have/saying the things I do. I wont apologize for that. I will however apologize for this becoming a distraction from the OP's request to get a price range for his future sale. In summation, I value people and their personal opinions/beliefs, and their right to stand up for them but perhaps this isn't the best arena for that. This is an audio forum last I checked. If you don't value my rights that's fine, your choice.

maybe you should look into a DIY soapbox project, there certainly aren't any for sale in this forum... ;)

Keep lying down, amigo

Oh great, now let's get racist about it! He didn't put a smiley face after, so he must mean it!

That is how stupid this all sounds to me. The comment was deleted and an apology made, accept it or not. However, have some respect for the OP and the other people that signed into this thread trying to help the OP. Let's end the ranting. I am tired of the email updates for this thread, since they no longer have substance.

I love the help and information I have gotten from this forum, but maybe now it is time to take a break.

I think I will go watch some Jon Stewart and The Daily Show, someone that realizes there is plenty of blame in Washington to go around. Also, that we can't take things too seriously. BTW, I would identify myself as a Democrat as well, and no offense was taken or even considered.

Keep lying down, amigo

Oh great, now let's get racist about it! He didn't put a smiley face after, so he must mean it!

That is how stupid this all sounds to me. The comment was deleted and an apology made, accept it or not. However, have some respect for the OP and the other people that signed into this thread trying to help the OP. Let's end the ranting. I am tired of the email updates for this thread, since they no longer have substance.

I love the help and information I have gotten from this forum, but maybe now it is time to take a break.

I think I will go watch some John Stewart and The Daily Show, someone that realizes there is plenty of blame in Washington to go around. Also, that we can't take things too seriously. BTW, I would identify myself as a Democrat as well, and no offense was taken or even considered.

Wow!!!! I have read this forum for many years now and have yet to come across shit like this!!! Trevmerrill, you should take that crap somewhere else! If I posted a pic of my speakers for sale with George W. Bush in the background and then commented on it would you reply then? Youthman has been here quite some time and does give great information so why would you attack him?

• Moderators

Trev, I intentionally removed myself from the conversation but seing
that this is STILL going on, and assumptions are being made regarding my comments, I thought it might be best if I address
you personally.

I stood up when I saw my personal beliefs (being a democrat) having mud slung at them.

I'm sorry you felt that way but I think it's pretty obvious that was not the intent on my part. I have had conversation with the OP and he was not offended and did not see my comment as being offensive. His comment regarding Obama was said in jest and mine as well. If you took it personally, you read way more into my words than what was intended.

Would you retract/change your words, ever, if you felt in the right and ok with what you said? Michael edited/removed his own words after some reflection on the situation.

Incorrect assumption. To me, it's not about being "right", it's about respect and courtesy. I removed my comment because you stated I offended you, not because I felt I was wrong in what I said.

Being the bigger person? Perhaps.

That was not my intent either. Again, it's not about me being right or wrong, it's about common courtesy extended from me to you.

IMO, it would have been best if you would have contacted me via PM or Email. I've always been of the mindset that if someone offends you, you to that person directly and try to work it out. We are seeing what happens when that doesn't take place.

My last thought and reply concerning this thread....[:P]

deadhorse1.gif

• 2 months later...