F/S (maybe) Klipsch RF-83s and RC-64 Cherry

wbroshea

I am considering selling my babies. I have two RF-83s in cherry with the matching RC-64 in cherry. I am considering selling these to fund a diy project. However, I am completely lost as to what would be a fair, but not giving them away, price. Does anyone know what would be the appropriate ball park for these speakers.

The speakers are in great shape. One RF-83 has the smallest of dings on the top back left corner (1/4 inch long). The others are in great shape. They are B-stock but only because of some non-uniformity coloration in the veneer, at least that is what the dealer told me. I can't see it but maybe some can. However, they sound impeccible. I am mostly interested in what people believe is a fair price for them, but if I get some interest then I can post pictures if someone really wants. I live in the Indianapolis area so probably requires pick up but I dont have a problem shipping if the buyer arranges. Thanks for any opinions on price.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums.

I just recently ordered a cherry RC-7 with original box for $440 shipped. I had another one lined up that fell through at $400 shipped.

As for RF-83's, I believe they are selling around $1200 - $1500? I know that's a broad range and I'm only taking a stab since they don't pop up very often.

I just did a nationwide Craigslist search and found these.

RF-83 - $1300 - Link

RF-83 - $1300 - Link

RF-83 - $1200 - Link

RF-83 - $1000 - Link

Hope that helps

I sold my black pair of RF-83 in the Chicago area for $1400, it took a while though.

Fair amount of interest, but one was still waiting for his tax refund, another his wife squashed the sale, another his car needed repairs, etc. The eventual buyer listened for about a minute and handed me the money.

I can email the guy that was waiting for his tax refund. He called me the day after my speakers sold. He lives in Iowa and works shift, so you might have to meet in the middle. You might be able to meet at my house to audition, it would be close to the middle (60585 zip).

Best of luck on the sale.

welcome to the forum. i sold the exact same set B - stock mint condition cherry RF-83's for $1500 and i believe i sold the matching RC-64 cherry for $ 650 plus shipping for both with original boxes and packing. i sold them to 2 different buyers. keep that in mind when selling.

as i recall a lot of people are looking for that center speaker.

This forum, ebay and craigslist are pretty easy to search as far as what people are selling speakers for. You'll get more interest with pictures.

Are you downsizing/upsizing/?

I'm not sure if I am upsizing or downsizing. I am planning on building an entire set of Statements (mains, center, and minis for the surrounds). I have never heard them before, but it just sounds like fun to build them. I kind of caught the diy bug when I built two subs for the home theater and holy cow are they awesome. I have no idea if the statements will be better or worse, but like I said for some dumb reason it sounds fun. Not to mention there is a well documented step by step guide to building them with diagrams for the crossover and the cabinet. Honestly, to my untrained ear, I doubt I will be able to tell a difference.

I guess I will go ahead and post pictures tonight and if anyone is really interested I would be willing to discuss a price. Of course anyone can come by for a listen before they buy. For those that would want them shipped, I have no problem letting a forum member that is nearby come and hear them for you so that you know you aren't getting ripped off.

welcome to the forum. i sold the exact same set B - stock mint condition cherry RF-83's for $1500 and i believe i sold the matching RC-64 cherry for $ 650 plus shipping for both with original boxes and packing. i sold them to 2 different buyers. keep that in mind when selling.

as i recall a lot of people are looking for that center speaker.

Thanks for the info. I unfortunately dont have the original boxes. Obviously for shipping that would make it more difficult but I'm sure I can figure something out. You guys are great with all of the fast replies and helpful info. Wish I had come here more often.

Since everyone seems so nice, does anyone have any opinion on my plan to build the statements and how they will compare to the RF-83s? I guess I am also assuming that everyone knows what the statements are so here is a link for any that dont. http://speakerdesignworks.com/Statements.html

I will most certainly share my project with everyone. Of course the project is contingent upon selling the other gear and settling on the exact speaker set to build. I really like the statements but I believe they are supposed to be a minimum of 18 inches from the wall so I'm not sure that will work for me. Any how, I am going to take a few pictures of the 83s and 64 to post. I noticed that the RF-83s that some kindly posted earlier are all the black color. Mine are the cherry color, not sure if that matter to people or not as it could mean cherry is more in demand or cherry is not popular. Not sure. Anyhow, I am going to take some pictures for any one who wants to see them.

• Moderators

I myself prefer the Cherry finish but many people choose black as it blends in with the rest of their decor more easily. I would think the majority of people are looking for black finish. That can work against you in the fact that it might limit the interested parties but it can work to your advantage as Cherry do not come up as often. All you can do is post them with a starting price. You can always come down if you do not get any interest. Bad thing is with the economy, audio gear is pretty slow moving unless it's a steal of a deal.

As far as posting pics, the forums kinda hide it from you. Easiest way is to click Reply, then choose the Options Tab and browse to the image on your computer. You have to scroll all the way to the right to hit save. You can only post one image per post this way. If you want to post multiple images, you will need to upload your pics to an online storage like photobucket, flickr etc and then click the Insert/Edit (green tree icon) and paste the URL to the image. Just don't post more than 10 images per post or it will get flagged as SPAM.