Cooling Fan?

RonW.

Carver C4000 Pre-Amp, M500t amp (soon to be MK II), DTL-200 and TX-11a all live in the TV cabinet. What type of fan should I use to exhaust the heat or should I position the fan to blow across the amp? It might be tuff to cut a hole in the cabinet wall (wife) LOL,,

Thanks,

RonW.

Sherbourn has a very nice cooling fan unit which looks very good, It can be rack mounted or simply placed above or below your components. It can be configured to either draw air from its top or its bottom and then expel the air out either its front or rear so it can work with many types of enclosures. It can be turned on by trigger and also by different temps.

http://www.sherbourn.com/collections/accessories/products/c12

This is a pic of it with its removeable rack ears attached.

Posted Image

Thanks guys for the replies....

Amp sits on shelf with the pre-amp on top, the pre-amp is not as deep as the amp so it might be ok, but its still confined to he cabinet.

I'll check out the fan though!

RonW.

Thanks guys for the replies....

Amp sits on shelf with the pre-amp on top, the pre-amp is not as deep as the amp so it might be ok, but its still confined to he cabinet.

I'll check out the fan though!

RonW.

I don't like anything on top of my amp. I would definitely get a fan, if I was you.

Sometimes it is nice to know what NOT to get. I bought this a couple of years ago: Antec Fan I can see paying 25 or 30 bucks for this but certainly not $60.

It does work but it is noisy on high speed so I only used it on slow speed. I did some temperature tests with a Yamaha CA-2010 and my cabinet which is open in the back and has glass doors in front that have a nice gap around the edge for air flow. It maintained the same temperature with the front cabinet door closed as without the fan and with the cabinet door open. I finally decided to just leave the cabinet door open.